Using 1Password on non administrators account

truthseeker84
truthseeker84
Community Member
edited September 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,
I have 1 Password on non administrator account and I'm using it with chrome.
Firstly I cannot update the desktop application on Windows 7 SP 1.
Secondly the plug in to chrome don't want to connect with the files.
What can I do in those two cases?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

You'll need admin access to install or update 1Password for Windows.

As for the Chrome extension, please review our troubleshooting guide for this, and review each step carefully:

Troubleshooting the new browser extensions

A common cause is a proxy server or other "Internet security" programs blocking the secure connection between the sandboxed browser extension and the main 1Password program. Workarounds for both of these are outlined in the guide, and the latter has its own page linked in step seven:

Configuring problematic antivirus/malware software

Please let me know how it goes and if the above applies to your situation.

If you're still having trouble, could you please send us your Diagnostics Report? Select Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File from the menu bar in 1Password.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• truthseeker84
    truthseeker84
    Community Member

I have already sent you an e-mail. What is the most strange is that the extension is working on Internet Explorer version 9 on the same computer without administration privilleges but it does not work on chrome.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

I have already sent you an e-mail.

Thanks! We'll work with you via email until everything is resolved so that we are not duplicating efforts or creating any confusion.

• truthseeker84
    truthseeker84
    Community Member

Summary: On Windows 7 - 1 Password is not working on non administrator account for other browsers than Internet Explorer. :( Would be nice if developers if it's possible try to fix it somehow.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

What version of 1Password are you using, and what exact versions of the extensions for the other browsers are you using?

We'll figure out what's going on and get things working for you, @truthseeker84.

This discussion has been closed.