How do I get the passwords into login pages on Safari?

mmcooper2
mmcooper2
Community Member

I suppose this is a stupid question, but I can't find the answer in the user guide. I have 1Password on my Mac iPad and iPhone, synched through iCloud. But I can't figure out how to get the extremely strong and impossible to memorize passwords to fill in on Safari sites.

Comments

• mmcooper2
    mmcooper2
    Community Member

The Safari sites on the iPhone and iPad, to be clear. Works fine on the Mac.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited March 2014

Apple doesn't allow 1Password to pass information directly to Mobile Safari. You will either have to cut and paste your passwords into Safari or use the browser that is built in to 1Password (1Browser). The issue is Apple's rules, not 1Password's implementation.

If you do use 1Browser, you will get the automatic fill and submission that you are looking for.

I really hope that someday Apple relents on this kind of stuff!

• FilM
    FilM
    Community Member

Is it for the same reason that we cannot fill in the sign in requested login/password using the 1password data in third parties applications?
    Thank you
    best regards

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @FilM‌,

You're right, the same reason applies to 1Password filling in third party apps. We'd love to be able to do this, but until Apple's rules change, we cannot do anything in another app unless that app specifically allows us permission. There are, however, a growing lists of apps who have added 1Password support. Check out Apps that Love 1Password to see!

This discussion has been closed.