Suggestion for Copy/Reveal

Options
asimpson23
asimpson23
Community Member

Rather than having the little triangle, have a quick tap reveal the code, and a long hold copy it to the clipboard. Takes out a step, and people seem to be having trouble tapping the little triangle.

Comments

• Salt
    Salt
    Community Member
    Options

So far I'm loving the Android beta version of 1Password. It looks and feels just like 1Password on my Mac. The one thing that's missing is the copy function on the older version where you just hold down and it copies. I find the new version to be a 2-step process. It's simply a suggestion. Otherwise, I'm not experiencing any problems with the 1Password Beta.

• kuoirad
    kuoirad
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, I think I can agree with this. "Poking" at the right edge of the password line has seemed finicky to me. Usually takes a couple tries to get the menu to come up so I can copy the password.

• tezgno
    tezgno
    Community Member
    Options

I agree here. The more I use it, the more I dislike it. I find myself holding over the password for it to not do anything. Definitely prefer the old way.

• saad
    Options

Hi @Salt! I am glad you're liking the beta, thanks for the suggestion. I completely agree, it would be more convenient to make it a single step process like 1Password Reader.

I will pass this request on to our developers. Thanks again.

• jacobjanzen
    jacobjanzen
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with this, but would just like to add that a single tap should pop up the menu for display or copy, and a long press should automatically copy. My only other suggestion is for colorization of the text as in the iOS app to help distinguish between characters and numbers.

• saad
    edited January 2014
    Options

Great suggestions @jacobjanzen. Single tap sounds like a great way to access the field menu with additional options. I also like the colourization idea. I added both of them as part of my request, our developers will look into it! Thanks!

• Perttu
    Perttu
    Community Member
    Options

This is exactly how I see this feature should work.

• slicedbread
    slicedbread
    Community Member
    Options

also requesting the reveal/copy mechanism of pw fields be more like the 1PW reader app. Much more convenient that how it currently works in the beta.

• gvic
    Options

+1 for 1Password reader copy/reveal mechanism. The use with smartphone need less passages to obtain informations.

• thomaswp
    thomaswp
    Community Member
    Options

+1 I really miss the instant press-and-hold-to-copy - it is a one touch solution to copying the password. Glad it is being looked at.

• saad
    Options

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. It's something that's being looked over by our designer at the moment. :)

• @jacobjanzen If you update to beta 9, you will hopefully notice that we've added colourization to the password field. Thank you for the suggestion!

We're still working on improving the copy/reveal process. Stay tuned for changes on that front.

• Haklin
    Haklin
    Community Member
    Options

I literally just got onto the beta! A minor suggestion for the password reveal I'd like to see is what we have in the current version. Simply tap the password and it reveals, tap again to hide. It's a bit annoying to have to click on the little triangle and then click again to reveal.

• gizmoms
    gizmoms
    Community Member
    Options

The Copy/Reveal triangles in version 4.0.0b9 are offset. If I tap on them, nothing happens. It only works if I tap a lot higher like in the middle of the Copy/Reveal triangles.

(Galaxy SIII Android 4.2)

• @gizmoms Thank you for your feedback. I've merged your comment into an existing thread on copy/reveal. Our development team is reviewing copy/reveal, so I will share your comment with them.

• David Mohl
    David Mohl
    Community Member
    Options

Giving my +1 for this.
    However, I think it should be the opposite. A short tap for copy, a long tap for reveal.

Ok, most of us use random generated passwords, so it's not a big deal if someone sees them, but imagine you are in a bumpy train and reveal your password to people around you.
    Revealing a password in clear text should be a bit harder than just a tap. Especially since it's functionality we will very likely not use every day.

Maybe the triangle for reveal and the tap for copy?

• David, I've added your +1 to our internal tally for copy/reveal votes :)

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for doing something better about the little triangles. My fat fingers can't seem to be able to tap them just in the right place!

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that 4.0.0b13 (Build 20140330) instead of little triangles, now we have 3-dots, which is awesome. So much easier to click it now. THANKS!

• Gregs
    Gregs
    Community Member
    Options

My bad. The little triangles are still there in the details of the secret!!!

• saad
    Options

Hi @Gregs! No problem, we are actually reviewing some new designs for the detail view, please keep an eye out in this area in future updates.

This discussion has been closed.