FREE upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows?

Hi,

In a recent post Jasper P said:
"It's also important to note that any purchase (or upgrade) of 1Password for Windows now will entitle you to a FREE upgrade to 1Password 4 for Windows, once it's released!"

Well I already own 1Password for windows and I'm using the BETA. Does that mean that people like me get the free upgrade or do we have to purchase again? Any clarity on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Neil.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014

I've heard that the free upgrade will be offered to anyone who purchased a 1Password for Windows license on or after 1 January, 2013, but I'm not certain the decision has been finalized.

• doone128
    doone128
    Community Member

Darn. My 2010 license won't cut the mustard then. =(

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Sorry, @doone128‌! It will still be an upgrade, though, rather than a new purchase, so that should help.

• doone128
    doone128
    Community Member

Hello again.

So will the upgrade price be cheaper than the current $24.99 sale? I don't get the option to upgrade currently so I would have to purchase a duplicate 1password license now to take advantage of the 50% sale, unless the upgrade price will be worth it?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I don't know what the amount will be, when the time comes, but I'm sure it will be less than the price of a new license, which I hope will help.

Thanks again for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.