B49 - Dropbox sync between iPhone and iPad

Fedorov
Fedorov
Community Member

Hoping someone can replicate this please:
On iPad I added a new Email account, only filling in Username and Password fields and amending the "Email account" title to be "Outlook- John"

I added username: john.smith
Password: whateveryouwant

Hit Done to add it.

Then realised I'd missed off the "@outlook.com" on the username so hit Edit and amended username to be "john.smith@outlook.com"

I checked sync settings just to ensure it was syncing to Dropbox okay.

Opened B49 on my iPhone and checked to see if the new outlook email account was synced okay and it was there... BUT I noticed the username was only "john.smith" and not the most recent edit I performed on the iPad with the "@outlook.com" on the end??!!

On the iPad I hit Sync Now and saw it sync, did the same on iPhone but username in this account was still the short version.

On iPad hit Edit and pretended to deleted the .com from the username and type it back in then hit Done
Checked sync and it had done one but I forced one anyway.

On iPhone I forced a sync and checked this account again... still only said "john.smith"

On iPhone I edited it and put "@test" on the end

On iPad I saw it change to "john.smith@test" in the categories list, note that although it updated it on the left side, the entry which was open for view still didn't update until I went back to categories and revisited this email account so there is a display refresh issue there anyway.

I then edited this on the iPad and changed it back to "john.smith@outlook.com"
Checked sync had worked
On iPhone it synced itself and the entry now matched what was on the iPad.

Would love someone to try this out, basically edit the username field on an email account entry, hit done, force a Dropbox sync if it hasn't already then check on another iOS device.

Hope this helps!

Comments

• This is a great report, @Fedorov‌, thanks for going into so much detail! I'll be sure we're tracking this one in our bug tracker.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Not a problem, happy to help. Just hope you can reproduce it :)

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Any luck reproducing this guys?

• Hello @Fedorov‌! We haven't reproduced this issue yet but we will do our best to get to it. I take it you are still seeing this issue with the latest beta?

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

I'd hazard a guess this is the same issue I've just reported with B52 something not quite right - disabling dropbox sync and adding dropbox again always syncs correctly.

• Once we take care of the other issue we'll circle back on this one and see if it's still in play.

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Thank you :)

• Hello @Fedorov‌ ! We have a beta coming out later this evening (beta 57) that I believe solves this issue. After you install it and get syncing re-enabled please test it out and let me know what you think. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.