Sync with dropbox

djgdroid
djgdroid
Community Member

I have 1password on my phone and tablet both synced to dropbox. I had to reset my phone and the file on dropbox is older and out of date with whatever file 1password is linked to and reading on my tablet. I've tried resenting my phone but it doesn't show all the entries i have on my tablet. How do I go about setting up dropbox so it only has the file from my tablet?

Comments

• saad
    edited March 2014

Hey! Let's figure out what's going on. I have a few questions that will help us investigate further:

1. What other devices are you syncing with (if any)?

2. How are you syncing your data? Are you using Dropbox, iCloud, Folder sync or Wifi Sync?

3. What device(s) has your most up-to-date 1Password information (if any)?

• djgdroid
    djgdroid
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply Saad,
    1. I only have my phone (rooted Samsung Galaxy S4) and my Samsung galaxy tab 2.
    2. This is where it gets confusing. I'm not sure exactly how my tablet was syncing. When I noticed my phone (which found the 1password file on dropbox when I was setting up 1password ) didn't have all the entries that my tablet had I went into my tablet and under settings / sync dropbox sync was not on. I turned it on and it gave me a message about merging files or something. My tablet must not have been syncing to dropbox since that option was not on. BTW, the other 2 options (Sync automatically and Notify sync completion) were both checked. So, I don't know where it's syncing from but it had the same updated files my phone had before I had to reset my phone.
    3. My tablet has the latest most up to date 1password information

• djgdroid
    djgdroid
    Community Member

So, should I delete the files on Dropbox and put the 1password key file on dropbox? That sounds like the right thing to do but not sure how to re-setup 1password on dropbox with the info from my tablet. Deleting the existing dropbox stuff is easy, I can delete anything :-) I would just like to get my dropbox setup with the correct 1password files from my tablet so my phone can sync with it.

• saad
    edited April 2014

Hi @djgdroid. Thanks for the clarification. Before we delete anything, do you have access to a Mac or Windows PC? I would like to merge all of your tablet data into an agilekeychain (data file), so we don't lose the data there completely. Could you send us your reply to support+androidbeta@agilebits.com ? Let's continue from there.

Please include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox.

This discussion has been closed.