Editing in 1PW Mini - add item sharing and/or option to open it in main app

Options
oshloel
oshloel
Community Member
edited February 2014 in Mac

Being able to edit a login directly in 1pw mini is a nice addition; however, it is now MUCH more difficult or complex to share the edited item with another vault. Previously, clicking Edit in mini opened the main application where just about anything could be done.

Now, clicking edit, opens an edit capability directly in mini, but the Share button next to the Favorites star is missing in mini. So now in order to share an item, it's necessary to edit it in mini, then manually open the 1pw main app, search for the edited item and FINALLY click the share button to share it with another vault. Ugh!

Please either include the sharing icon/button in the mini's editing window, or provide an option for going directly to the main 1pw app for editing.

Rick

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @oshloel,

I've also been wanting the ability to open an item in the main app from 1P mini after direct item editing was added there. Thanks for suggesting that and also to add item sharing there. I'm filing a request for both in our tracker.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Rick @oshloel,

Just wanted to let you know that with 4.3 (in beta), the Shift-Command-E shortcut in 1Password mini will open a selected item in edit mode in the main application. No item sharing from mini (yet).

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it.

This discussion has been closed.