1Password Extension on Chrome

Options
dgboat52
dgboat52
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

I'm using 1Password 4.2.2 - my 1Password extension for Chrome is 4.1.1.90 - every time I launch Chrome, 2 tabs appear - 1 is my homepage and the other is a tab for 1Password Extension. Chrome automatically defaults to the 1Password Extension tab - and it is very annoying. On the 1Password Extension page is an image containing the following statement: "Welcome to the 1Password Extension! Automatically store your website Logins when you sign in, and log in next time with a click or keyboard shortcut (⌘\). Use your securely stored credit cards to easily fill out forms while shopping. Fill out sign up forms without needing to type a single letter." How do I keep the 1P extention tab from showing? This does not occur on Safari (7.0.3) with 1P extension 4.1.0.

Comments

• dgboat52
    dgboat52
    Community Member
    Options

Don't why it worked this time, but not previously. I uninstalled the 1P extension on Chrome - closed the browser - relaunched it - downloaded and installed the 1P extension for Chrome - closed the browser - relaunched it - and the problem has been fixed ... so far.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

I'm glad it's working for you now! :)

Please let us know if you run into any more trouble with it.

• dgboat52
    dgboat52
    Community Member
    Options

Just relaunched Chrome and problem has returned just like before - 2 tabs automatically created upon launch - 1 for homepage and 2nd for 1Password Extension - Don't know what to do to fix this.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dgboat52‌

Do you clear your browser history when you re-launch? If you clear your browser history, then 1Password has no memory of showing you the extension's welcome page before, so it wants to be sure that you know how to get the most out of 1Password. :)

This discussion has been closed.