autosubmit not working in Safari & Firefox

Suddenly when using logging in to various sites the login fails. If I turn off autosubmit then it works. The ids and passwords are correct, and look filled in, but autosubmit is somehow messing up. version 3.8.21

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ddauerbach,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with autosubmit! I'd like to get just a bit more information from you to track this down. You mention that this happened suddenly - so, I assume that Logins that were previously working now have stopped?

Sometimes, if a website makes changes to their site, a previously working Login could start misbehaving. Let's try manually saving a new Login:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the + button in the corner.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the addresses of some of these problem sites so we can test here?

• dwain0wilder
    dwain0wilder
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem, Megan. I tried your solution, only to find that the "+" icon isn't working too! This suddenly happened yesterday, and persists today. Is there a data file or .pref that needs rebuilding? I noticed the "rebuild data file" option in the Advanced preferences pane... Too chicken to do that without knowing more about what will happen!

• dwain0wilder
    dwain0wilder
    Community Member

Additionally, I've found, since the autosubmit and "+" icon are inactive, that I cannot use wallet or identity to autofill. This all suggests that something is wrong with my data or that my 1password installation has gotten buggy somehow. How do you suggest I proceed?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dwain0wilder‌,

I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password right now. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac. They are easy to generate and gives us an idea of what is going on 'under the hood' with your installation of 1Password. To create a diagnostics report on OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, please follow these instructions:

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/12057

If you use OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or OS X 10.9 Mavericks, generate the report by downloading a separate tool. http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• dwain0wilder
    dwain0wilder
    Community Member

Thanks, Megan. I'll submit the report, but a question precedes that: 1Password is now working as expected! I shut the computer down and rebooted the next morning - the only influence in the matter I can think of. I realize that some caches and other data are cleared by shutdown/reboot, but this phenomenon persisted through several before clearing up.

If your diagnostic tool generates a history and not just a current snapshot, this could be quite a helpful event in tracking down an elusive phenomenon.

I am now ready to take steps to correct the "Configuration" issues addressed at the beginning of the html output from the diagnostic. I presume this will not complicate your responses based on the current configuration, and the current diagnostic report.

• dwain0wilder
    dwain0wilder
    Community Member

Item 2 of the Configuration Issues section says: The 1Password Helper background process is not set for automatic starting. This will prevent access to keyboard shortcuts, Universal Unlock and data syncing of items between 1Password and the browsers. Please choose the 1Password > Preferences > Extensions pane and enable the checkbox for 'Keep helper running ...'.

I'm running 3.8.21, and can't find the Extension pane or any reference to 'keep helper runnng...' in the Preferences. Is that a matter intended for Mavericks and Lions?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

Hi @dwain0wilder‌

I'm so glad to hear that things are working well for you! Sometimes a re-boot is just what your computer needs. I wouldn't worry too much about the Configuration Issues section of the Diagnostic Report. As long as 1Password is behaving, there's no need to take any action right now. In fact, we generally prefer to have someone on the Support team look over these Reports before you do any fixes listed in the Report. :)

• dwain0wilder
    dwain0wilder
    Community Member

Thanks, Megan. I did change my user name, though. That seemed like a good idea generally, as it was improperly formed from an operating system perspective. I presume I'll hear from the support folks if they turn up anything that needs attention. Curious about that "keep helper running" issue in Preferences!

• Hi @dwain0wilder‌,

Chris from our support team replied to your email earlier today. Please let us know if you didn't receive it.

This discussion has been closed.