Attachment sync not handled correctly between Mac and iOS

Options
jochenneese
jochenneese
Community Member

Hi,
I have 1P4.0.9 for Mac and the latest version for iOS. Due to several syncing inaccuracies, I have multiple text parts and attachments in some secure notes. If I delete the superfluous text parts and the superfluous attachments on the Mac side in 1P, these changes are only partly reflected in 1P for iOS after a sync: The double text has been updated/deleted correctly, but the superfluous attachments are still there in 1P for iOS.

What's also bad is that there is no function in 1P for iOS to delete attachments, so I can't get rid of these in any way.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jochenneese,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty with attachments right now. This is a known issue that our tech gurus are working to fix. In the meantime, the best workaround is to create a new entry on your Mac with the appropriate attachments and delete the old entry.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but we'd love to have a proper fix for you soon!

• arnabdas
    arnabdas
    Community Member
    Options

I've been facing the same problem for the last few days. So I tried a few things. I found that whenever I created a new note with attachment on the OSX version and synced it via WiFi sync, the attachment never showed up on my iPad and iPhone. However creatog a note afresh after deleting the faulty one and syncing it via iCloud always, always resolved the issue. I'm pretty sure one can replicate that via Dropbox sync as well. The culprit here is wifi sync.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arnabdas,

You're right, it is a Known Issue that Wi-Fi does not yet sync attachments. Our tech gurus are working on getting this sorted out soon!

• bfelizardo
    bfelizardo
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Megan,

i do have the same problem. Would like to have all my attached files on my iphone. But this is still not working. I do not sync via icloud or dropbox, because of security reasons. So when do you think your team can fix this?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bfelizardo‌,

I'm so sorry to hear that this bug is bothering you. Unfortunately I don't have an ETA on a fix right now. That's not to say that this issue is not a priority (it is), but we make it a policy not to make promises on unreleased features and fixes. There are just too many factors involved that could influence a release date, and we certainly don't want to promise something that ultimately becomes impossible due to factors beyond our control.

We very much appreciate your patience as we work to solve this. I have mentioned to our developers that this is important to you - we'll do our best to have a fix for you soon!

• Jeremy Carson
    Jeremy Carson
    Community Member
    Options

just adding that i'm using the latest official build for the iOS apps as of 3/3/14 and using desktop version 4.1.3 (latest official build, as well), using sync through Dropbox, and i'm unable to sync attachments from my mac to my iOS devices (or vice versa). everything else syncs fine, just no attachments (but the info within the entry with attachments will sync, just not the attachment itself).

i've gone so far as to delete from dropbox and resync, delete from iOS and resync, and a bunch of different combinations, but nothing works.

i know this is a known issue, but i want to add to the hope that it's fixed in the next release. not sure if it's a problem with the iOS or the desktop apps, though...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jeremy,

Please see your other post about this issue, I've responded there.

• rslueb
    rslueb
    Community Member
    Options

Attachments added to 1Password on OSX are not syncing with iOS. After adding an attachment, the sync process seems to take longer as if it were moving more data, but the attachments do not appear in iOS. All other information seems to sync correctly. This problem occurs when adding attachments to existing and new password records.

I am using 1Password 4.3.2 on an iPhone 5 and iPad Air with iOS 7.1 and 1Password 4.2.2 on OSX 10.9.2

• Jasper
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with attachments lately. Could you please email us a Diagnostics Report, along with a link to this topic, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.