"Sharing as Plain Text" Bugs [Confirmed, will fix]

Options
socaljoker
socaljoker
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

I don't know why you'd ever do it, but I was messing around with sharing and tried sharing a login as plain text via SMS and it just loads the SMS with the name of the login and then a bunch of hard returns. This doesn't seem like the intended implementation.

Example:
"Agilebits Forum

"

Comments

• r2shyyou
    r2shyyou
    Community Member
    Options

I was about to post the exact same thing. Seems to affect "plain text" option for both SMS & email.

For SMS, the message is blank other than the login name, like you noted and like your screenshot shows.

For email, the message drafted appears to simply be the same as the one for non-plain text (aka 1Password-specific link).

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

I don't know why you'd ever do it, but I was messing around with sharing and tried sharing a login as plain text via SMS and it just loads the SMS with the name of the login and then a bunch of hard returns.

Thanks, I can confirm the bug, it should show the username/password in plain view via SMS/iMessage. I've filed a bug report to fix this.

For email, the message drafted appears to simply be the same as the one for non-plain text (aka 1Password-specific link).

Yea, that should've shown the username/password in plain view, thanks for writing about that.

We'll get these bugs fixed as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.