Switching Multiple Vaults [We plan to address this in a future update]

Options
Robs
Robs
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

Switching Multiple Vaults on Mac is easy, but on iOS (with the current Beta 61) it is bad. It should be more prominent like on Mac and accessible with one click and not hidden in the Settings.
On the iPad there's so much room to show an icon to switch between Vaults like on the Mac, on the iPhone it's more complicated because of the limited space, but I think there's also a way to do it. (I know you can do that, you're developing the best Password Manager out there, so it should be no problem for you guys ;)

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback, Robs, we appreciate it! As we continue to improve the interface we'll think about ways to improve vault switching.

• donnywdavis
    donnywdavis
    Community Member
    Options

This would be awesome to see improvements in iOS for switching vaults.

The iPad would be easy to add an option to the sidebar. Maybe on the iPhone we could tap the title bar for a list of vaults to switch too. Just my two cents for possibilities. :)

• Robs
    Robs
    Community Member
    Options

Or a possibility to change the symbols in the bar on the bottom like in Tweetbot 3 for iPhone.
    Personally I don't use Folders, so instead of Folders I would prefer to have a symbol to change Vaults.

Or a a possibility to go 1 step down in the hierarchy from the Categories list.
    So that you would have "Vaults->Categories->..."

Just my thoughts how you could implement that on the iPhone ;)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

These ideas are awesome! Rob's idea might actually work with folks who might not use Favorites or Folders and they can easily replace it with Vaults or something else. Donny's title bar idea would also work great to quickly switch the vault on the fly. So, both ideas could make it in. :)

I'll add it to MrRooni's report in our tracker and we'll see what magic Dan can do for us.

This discussion has been closed.