Family license - 5 users? [Yes, family license will cover up to 5 family members]

Options
Jasper
edited April 2014 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Getting Started with 1Password 4 for iOS, general questions.

Comments

• raazdar
    raazdar
    Community Member
    Options

How does 1password enforces 5 users per family license? What if more than 5 users install 1password on more than 5 machines and use the same license key or file?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @raazdar,

There is no 'strict' enforcement here. We trust users to distribute the license responsibly. :)

• raazdar
    raazdar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Megan‌.

• chrisefaw
    chrisefaw
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to figure out what works best for my wife and I. I have a Macbook Pro and we each have iPhones. I also have a Windows computer at my office. I want to take advantage of the sale going on right now and get the best bundle which will allow us both to use 1password seamlessly across our devices. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You could buy the Mac and Windows bundle on the AgileBits web store. But to get both you and your spouse covered, I would first contact support @agilebits .com to find out about a family option for this bundle. Then you need to purchase the iOS version also from the App Store. If you and your spouse use the same AppleID, one purchase will serve you both. Otherwise, each of you will need to purchase it separately.

• MikeT
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @chrisefaw‌,

Hawkmoth is correct, you can grab the Mac+Windows bundle family license to cover all of your Macs/Windows PCs you and up to 4 other family members own.

If you have an existing license key, you can input it here: https://agilebits.com/store/upgrade

It'll give you the list of all upgrade license you can grab, including the Mac+Windows family bundle license.

If you guys share an AppleID, that can be used to purchase 1Password for iOS once and it'll cover all of your iOS devices (iOS 6 or above is required).

This discussion has been closed.