Uninstalling 1Password 3 browser extensions in Mac

I normally use Safari, but when I open Firefox I get the message "An old 1Password extension is still installed in Safari. . . . ." I printed the directions to uninstall but not sure if I've done it correctly. The only icon I have on my navigation bar is a flashlight. I attempted to quit 1Password by entering ^commandQ. I then attempted to manually save a new login for a website. Now I don't know how to open 1Password 3, but all I see is "1Password 4.1.0" in my Safari preference extensions. I'm not sure what, if anything, I have accomplished. However, when I open Firefox, I no longer see the 1Password extension issue. When I open the extension list in Firefox I do see 1Password 3.9.20, and also see 1Password 4.1.0. What do I need to do to complete the uninstall, if anything?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Septemberspirit‌

It sounds like you've been following the instructions for how to Uninstall 1Password 3 browser extensions, which is exactly what you need to do. If you're still seeing both the 3.9 extension and the 4.1 extension in Firefox, go to the Add-Ons manager and select the 'Remove' option next to the 3.9 extension. This should get you all sorted! Please let me know if you have any further questions :)

This discussion has been closed.