Trouble signing out of this forum

doctormo
doctormo
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Lounge

I can not seem to log out of the forum currently in any browser or iPad nor can I get rid of the 7 Notifications in the title bar. Is something up with site or me?

Comments

• Hi @doctormo,

This is the logout link: http://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signout

What happens if you click that?

To clear your notifications, you need to visit your notifications page to mark them as read: http://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/notifications

Please let me know if that helps! :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I've always found notifications on here to be really clunky. You read a notified thread and counter isn't decremented. However, if you view the notifications list and click a thread from there then the counter is zeroed, even though you've only read one of the notified threads.

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member

JasperP - If I click the logout link above or the SignOff link in the upper right corner from this thread, I am returned to the main topics menu but am not signed off. I can do it over and over again and return to this thread and continue with this reply.

RichardPayne - Totally agree, when I went the notifications page above, all 7 (now 9) notification symbols disappeared. However when I access them by clicking on them from the Notifications at the top of the forum, they do not decrease as I open and read them. The behavior is odd compared to other forum sites or email for that matter.

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member

ps - Running Firefox 28.0 and all latest beta versions as of yesterday.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Does the same happen in Safari and Chrome? What Firefox extensions do you have installed?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

The behavior is odd compared to other forum sites or email for that matter.

To be honest @doctormo, I find the Vanilla forums somewhat primitive in terms of forum software.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

I agree with you, and have previously.

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member

khad - I am using 4.2.0.b16 in Firefox and Safari. Firefox is the main SIgn Out problem although there are some issues with Safari version. (iPad version has one issue also).

Firefox 28.0 - I log in to the Agilebits site with 1P. I press Sign Out and nothing happens, I keep pressing it and nothing happens (browser does something each time but no result). I can go into any forum post and reply, etc so I am still logged it. One thing that is odd across all platforms is that if I am reading a post such as this one and press SIgn Off, I will be returned to the main forum page and not be signed off. I can press again and nothing happens.

Safari Version 7.0.3 (9537.75.14) - Safari many times does not Sign Off the first time I press the SIgn Off button. However, it will usually Sign Off after one or two more tries. It seems to do this the first time I open Safari and log into Agilebits but will work correctly the next time. Safari does the same thing as Firefox when I am reading a post and Sign Off where it returns to the main forum page first and I have to press again to Sign off.

iPad - Returns to the main forum page before allowing Sign Off like above.

This happens on a couple of Macs so not machine specific.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up! For as much as I am here, I always want to stay signed in. (I'm running on an encrypted drive and shut down when I am done.) But I was able to reproduce this. We'll get it resolved. :)

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member

khad - Sounds good, I do not sign off sites often either unless I am on public computers but just randomly caught this.

As followup to the notifications issue I also started with, when I logged in, there was one notification at the top of the forum page (your response) so I clicked on this Notifications which brought up the list of notifications and I clicked on this one to read your response at the bottom. However, the red 1 at the top of the page never goes away to signal that I have read the notification.

However, as Jasper suggested, I can go to the Notifications on the left side of the page under my account, directly read your response, and the red 1 goes away. I can almost understand why it works that way but it is really confusing. The assumption should be if I read the thread again after you posted that I read your reply also. Just an odd logic. Maybe the Notifications at the top of the page should take one to the same place as the Notifications on the right side of the page.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Happy to help! We're looking at some ways to improve the notifications as well.

This discussion has been closed.