Please support OwnCloud-Sync [Under consideration to provide more sync options in the future]

Options
rosenkrieger
rosenkrieger
Community Member
edited April 2014 in iOS

With the Heartbleed-"Bug" and all the NSA-Stuff going on a lot of people start using there NAS for more than just storing Movies & Music. I think we can agree this is only getting worse than better with all the NSA things. That is the reason I would like it if 1Password for iOS, for Mac etc would allow Syncing to my own, private cloud.

My choice is OwnCloud because I can run it smoothly on my Synology NAS and there are clients for just about every Operating-System out there.

My main reason I have never switched away from Dropbox was because I need the wireless/cloud sync in 1Password.

So please, consider supporting more than Dropbox & iCloud for Syncing. It will be another reason for a lot of people to buy 1Password if they can use OwnCloud.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @rosenkrieger‌,

We do plan to provide additional sync services in the future but I don't know when it would happen. Right now, you can use the Wi-Fi sync between your Mac and iOS devices but use Folder Sync in the Mac app to sync with other Macs or to your NAS's network shares.

That'll avoid all the third party services and isolate it to your own private network.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member
    Options

With Synology, you can even use Synology Cloud Station directly without having to install any additional package.
    But I agree, adding additional syncing platforms would be great. You got my +1 on this one ;-)

Corentin

• MikeT
    Options

Yep, and you can use Folder Sync to place your 1Password data into the Synology's CloudStation folder.

This discussion has been closed.