Some questions before I buy a new license

Options
thetoweringspark
thetoweringspark
Community Member

Hi,

You guys seem to have a pretty solid product here. I am thinking of buying a new license for me and my wife to use on our respective laptops (Mac and Windows respectively). As I see the pricing today, it makes sense to buy the family license (though its just 2 users now and I can ask around in my family).

My wife currently has a windows laptop, but she plans to buy a new laptop in 3-4 months from now. Now that can be a new windows or a macbook. So could she then transfer the existing license she would be having on windows, to the new windows machine or possibly even a Mac without using an extra license copy of the 5?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You're likely to get the answers you seek of you contact AgileBits by email, instead of through the public forum. They seem to prefer to answer questions like this offline. The address, if you haven't already found it, it support @ agilebits .com.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

1Passwords licensing model is built around the user, so each license is good for each user. Meaning that 1 license will cover the user on as many machines as needed. So yes Her license would be the same for both devices.

She could use the same license on a work computer and a home computer. Or yourself provided you have a license for each type (Mac, or Windows) It still counts as one license because its based on the user.

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/how_many_licenses.html *This is from v3 but I have never known the team to change things like this. Its been that way as long as I have been here and thats like 7 years now (I think). Time flies.

If you have further questions then you can email the staff directly at the address @hawkmoth provided.

• thetoweringspark
    thetoweringspark
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick replies. That helped!

Cheers!

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @thetoweringspark,

I hope the information from the others here was helpful! The Mac + Windows family license is good for up to five different people, each of whom can use 1Password on all their Macs and PCs. :)

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.