Master password not accepted in Safari & Firefox extensions

Options
ccgreen
ccgreen
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

I had a prior "trial" version of 1password, so maybe this is the problem, though I did uninstall this before installing the new version from the Apple App Store. The 1password "MASTER PASSWORD" set up on install cannot be used in the browser extensions. I also tried changing the master password in 1password - TO SOMETHING VERY SIMPLE, to be sure inputting properly, and it still would not work in the extensions. The one that works, is the one that was initially set-up in the trial. I uninstalled the firefox browser extension and re-installed, and the password set up in !PASSWORD stilll did not work. I did the same in Safari, but when I clicked on key to put in master password, it did not come up, but remained open (even after locking & quitting 1Password).
Next - should I uninstall & reinstall the current (just purchased) 1Password for Mac?
Please help - I am a new user, and so far it has only been stressful and NOT working.
Thank you.

Comments

• ccgreen
    ccgreen
    Community Member
    Options

I restarted the computer, and the extensions are now working when I lot in to a website
    What is not working, is when I now try to change the password, throughout the change password on the website (tried on Netflix) - the box does not come up to save to existing, per directions, but can only do manually.
    Any thoughts?

• ccgreen
    ccgreen
    Community Member
    Options

same happening in both Safari and Firefox

• ccgreen
    ccgreen
    Community Member
    Options

All seems to be working on this now - but don't know how to delete or close.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @ccgreen,

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve this. And on your request, I will close this topic. :)

This discussion has been closed.