Cannot teach 1Password4 to ignore a particular site in Chrome

Options
Joe Chacko
Joe Chacko
Community Member

Entering credit/debit card details on certain sites I get asked for certain characters from my password as part of "verified by visa".
Every time, 1Password offers to save the login details for that page, but does not offer me a "Never for this site option."

Typically the page is something like this: https://secure5.arcot.com/acspage/cap.cgi

Since the details change every time I would like 1Password4 to ignore this site. I'd also be interested in teaching 1Password4 to answer the site correctly, but that seems tricky.

Thanks,

--joe

• browser: Chrome 32.0.1700.77
  • sw version: 1Password4 4.1.3 (413002)
  • browser extension: 1Password 4.0.1.99

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

My recollection about how to make this stop is to click on the gear icon on the dialog offering to save your information. The option to ignore the site permanently is there.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Joe,

@hawkmoth is right: when the 'Save New Login' dialog box pops up, there is a gear in the bottom left corner. Simply click on it and select 'Never for this Site.'

You can also add sites to your 'Do not ask' list in Preferences > Browsers. Just paste the URL in the field below the 'Automatically ask to Save new Logins' checkbox.

• bilbomacuser
    bilbomacuser
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately this ties in with my recent discovery - when you select Never for this site, it then blocks 1Password from storing future password updates from the site that you are purchasing from. This has made my transition from another secure password store to 1Password seem far more complicated than it needed to be.

Unfortunately you either have the annoyance of this message coming up every time you go through a 3D Secure page, or if you select Never for this site, you end up with problems where 1Password doesn't update your login information properly when you update the shops password. Going through changing passwords after the Heartbleed bug was revealed has highlighted this for me.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @bilbomacuser,

You're correct that both saving new logins and updating existing logins will be disabled if you select Never for this site.

You'll need to update those sites manually:

Updating your site's password manually

This discussion has been closed.