Newbie questions

Options
Natal
Natal
Community Member

I would like to purchase the 1password software but I need some clarification:
1) I use an iMac and my wife has a Mac pro laptop and we both use an iPhone 4s.

What packages do I need to buy so that all of our computers will be integrated, Do I have to buy the family pack for the iMac and laptop ( this step makes sense) Then do I have to buy two separate packages for the iPhones?(need clarification on this)

Thanks in advance for answering these basic questions.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Natal,

Do I have to buy the family pack for the iMac and laptop

Yes, you'll want the 1Password for Mac family license from our store: https://agilebits.com/store

Then do I have to buy two separate packages for the iPhones?

1Password for iOS is available on the App Store here: http://j.mp/1PasCS

A single purchase can be used on any iOS devices that are authorized using the purchaser's Apple ID. If you sign into the App Store on both devices using the same Apple ID, you can download 1Password on both.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

• mikeeward
    mikeeward
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am thinking of getting the !Password for Mac and have a similar setup as Natal, above. I use a Mac Air running Maverick, an iPad and iPhone running IOS7. I have dropbox and iCloud. Will I still be able to able to access my passwords if I am in a place with poor or little WiFi, and limited or no 3G?

Also my wife uses a MacBook on OSX 10.6.8 and an iPhone with IOS7, we do NOT wish to save each others passwords. Do we need to purchase two copies of 1Password for Mac and any other Apps for the iPhones and iPad?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@mikeeward‌:

1. You can access your passwords at all times (so long as you can remember your master password) whether or not you have any Internet connection. Of course, you'll want to ensure they are synchronised, before you go, to the device you're going to take with you.
    2. Jasper's comments still apply to you, even though you'll not be sharing passwords with your wife. In other words, if you share the same Apple ID you can install one iOS copy on both iDevices. You can still buy the family licence for 1P for OS X and use that even if you don't intend to share passwords.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.