Two versions - no syncing

Options
jeffreygmartin
jeffreygmartin
Community Member

I purchased 1 Password 4 from the mac app store. Then, somewhere in the installation process I managed to also get the 1Password store version. Now I'm not sure which is which. And to further complicate things, I bought the ios version, wanting to sync using icloud. It runs the syncing process, but it is never ending..going for more than 30 minutes. Really, I don't have that much data! What next?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I think you need to get back to the state where you have only one version of 1P4 on your machine. Having two running can cause a modest degree of chaos, and may be the source of your sync problem.

In your applications folder the AgileBits store version will appear as 1Password 4.app. The Mac app store version will appear as 1Password. You need to decide which one you want to keep (assuming you actually bought a licence for the AgileBits store version, of course). If you want to sync using iCloud I'll assume you want to keep the Mac app store version (because although the other version supports iCloud it's not guaranteed always to do so, depending on Apple's whim).

On that basis ...take a look at this knowledge base article. Although it refers to moving from the beta version to the Mac app store version it's relevant to you because the beta version is effectively an AgileBits store version. It will help you get rid of the AgileBits store version, leaving you only with the Mac app store version.

Sorry this is all rather long-winded. I hope it helps. If you have any more problems do please post back and someone will come along with further assistance.

Stephen

• jeffreygmartin
    jeffreygmartin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Stephen. That's cleared things up.

Jeff

• harveyt
    harveyt
    Community Member
    Options

I think I have a similar problem. I first installed the AgileBits store version (1Password4) on a trial basis. Then I purchased the Appstore version (1Password). Then I converted to using the 1Password4, anyway that is what shows when I do the about 1password. So, should I remove the 1Password application? If I should, how should I remove it?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The knowledge base is (again) your friend. Take a look at Migrate from MAS to web store version for the help you need. After you've successfully done that and checked you have access to all your items it should simply be a matter of dragging the 1Password.app to the trash.

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.