Browser and mini search doesn't fully function - acts as if filtered / won't pull all 'strings'

Options
thesagefool
thesagefool
Community Member

While the search function works as expected within the 1Password 4 for Mac fine, the browser extension does not.

take for example the term "thefoolsage"

within the full 1Password program I can search for any part of the string, say 'fools' and it will pull up the login. However, within the browser (Chrome & Safari extensions both have this issue, as well as 1Password mini) - IT WILL NOT.

I can search for the beginning of the string and find it within the browser, say "thefo" but not within the middle. I thought it might be some sort of filter like the ones that exist in the full program, but I can't find anyway to adjust the behavior.

Sure I understand that there can be workarounds, but search almost universally is designed to pull any part of a string and this behavior makes it difficult to know if I can't find something because it's not there, or simply because I wasn't searching for it "correctly."

Again, this is only happening in the browser extensions and 1Password mini. PLEASE HELP/FIX! With nearly 1000 entries in my file, this is truly essential and it is frustratingly different behavior from 1Password 3 making me regret my 'upgrade'.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @thesagefool,

You'll be happy to hear that version 4.2 adds fuzzy search in mini. From the release notes:

1Password mini now supports fuzzy search. For example: “oogle” will now return items named “Google”

This discussion has been closed.