Chrome extension and multiple screens

Options
Avalanche
Avalanche
Community Member

The 1Password Chrome extension pops up all menus to the right. However, when it crosses screen boundaries (there's another on the the right), everything that is beyond the screen bounds isn't displayed.

This makes the Chrome extension useless, because it's impossible to access new passwords/stored passwords. The only way to access that information is to resize the browser to 2/3 of the screen size and move it all the way to the left. This is very inconvenient.

Is there any way to get around this issue/is there a fix for that being worked on? This happens on OS X 10.9.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Avalanche,

I'm sorry to hear that this has been bugging you. Unfortunately, this is a known issue. Our developers are working hard to get 1Password Mini to behave better with multiple monitors. We hope to have this working more smoothly soon.

Your patience is much appreciated as we try to solve this issue.

• Avalanche
    Avalanche
    Community Member
    Options

I'm just curious: how much longer will your developers need to work hard to fix this issue? It makes 1Password absolutely unusable with Chrome and multiple screens! It's not like this is only some minor annoyance...

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2015
    Options

Hi @Avalanche,

A couple workarounds for relocating where the 1Password mini window pops up are mentioned: here (post #8). It applies to 1Password extension/mini usage with other browsers besides Firefox.

I do apologize for the inconvenience of this problem until we've gotten it fixed.

This discussion has been closed.