Wi-Fi sync with 2 macs and an iPhone

Options
jeffismyname
jeffismyname
Community Member

I've been using 1Password on my iPhone [only] for a while, and now have purchased it for my home desktop and laptop macs.
I followed the instructions for setting up wi-fi syncing between my desktop mac and my iPhone. No problem.
Issue #1: The instructions seem to assume you're wi-fi syncing just 1 mac and an iPhone- how do I get my laptop "in the loop" with the syncing?
Issue #2: I'm choosing to sync through my home wi-fi because I would like to disable the current [default] iCloud sync setup. However, when I go to 1Password- Preferences> Sync> Change Syncing, and check the box to "delete data from iCloud", I get an intimidating warning: "Deleting data from iCloud will remove it from all your devices using iCloud and put it in the trash." Even though i have already set up the home wi-fi sync, does this warning really mean that the data will really be removed from my devices? I just want it off of iCloud.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• jeffismyname
    jeffismyname
    Community Member
    Options

I've been using 1Password on my iPhone [only] for a while, and now have purchased it for my home desktop and laptop macs. I followed the instructions for setting up wi-fi syncing between my desktop mac and my iPhone. No problem. Issue #1: The instructions seem to assume you're wi-fi syncing just 1 mac and an iPhone- how do I get my laptop "in the loop" with the syncing? Issue #2: I'm choosing to sync through my home wi-fi because I would like to disable the current [default] iCloud sync setup. However, when I go to 1Password- Preferences> Sync> Change Syncing, and check the box to "delete data from iCloud", I get an intimidating warning: "Deleting data from iCloud will remove it from all your devices using iCloud and put it in the trash." Even though i have already set up the home wi-fi sync, does this warning really mean that the data will really be removed from my devices? I just want it off of iCloud. Thanks in advance for any help.

• jeffismyname
    jeffismyname
    Community Member
    Options

I've been using 1Password on my iPhone [only] for a while, and now have purchased it for my home desktop and laptop macs. I followed the instructions for setting up wi-fi syncing between my desktop mac and my iPhone. No problem. Issue #1: The instructions seem to assume you're wi-fi syncing just 1 mac and an iPhone- how do I get my laptop "in the loop" with the syncing? Issue #2: I'm choosing to sync through my home wi-fi because I would like to disable the current [default] iCloud sync setup. However, when I go to 1Password- Preferences> Sync> Change Syncing, and check the box to "delete data from iCloud", I get an intimidating warning: "Deleting data from iCloud will remove it from all your devices using iCloud and put it in the trash." Even though i have already set up the home wi-fi sync, does this warning really mean that the data will really be removed from my devices? I just want it off of iCloud. Thanks in advance for any help.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @jeffismyname,

I've merged your duplicate discussions together. No need to post multiple times, we will get to your questions as soon as we're able to.

The instructions seem to assume you're wi-fi syncing just 1 mac and an iPhone- how do I get my laptop "in the loop" with the syncing?

You can follow the same wi-fi sync instructions with your other Mac as well. For example, first sync your iMac to your iPhone, then use your iPhone to sync to your Macbook.

Even though i have already set up the home wi-fi sync, does this warning really mean that the data will really be removed from my devices?

The data will be removed from iCloud on all your devices, but the data will still remain in your local vault. Just the iCloud data is trashed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• jeffismyname
    jeffismyname
    Community Member
    Options

In all of these syncing steps, am I correct to assume that the most recently changed version–regardless of machine–is treated as the "correct version" for syncing? E.g. I change my password on Site A on my iphone; later, I change my password for Site B on my laptop; later I change my password for Site C on my desktop. After doing the 2-step process you describe, the NEWEST password for all 3 sites is treated as the proper one to acquire during the sync?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jeffismyname,

In your example you've changed the password for three different sites (A, B, & C) on each device. Did you actually mean that you've changed it for the same site (i.e. its Login item) on each device?

This discussion has been closed.