Not syncing from iPhone

Options
Andrew Rogoff
Andrew Rogoff
Community Member

Hi, I have 1Password 4.2.2 on my Mac and version 4 on my iPhone. I use Dropbox for syncing. A couple of days ago, I edited an item on my iPhone but it is not showing up on my Mac despited the fact that both are indicating they are synced.

How can I tell where my iPhone thinks it's syncing to? Is there a syncing bug in 1Password 4.2.2 for Mac?

Cheers, Andrew

Comments

• Blacksmith
    Blacksmith
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issues with both my iPhone and iPad. I've posted a thread about my issues but haven't had any response from anyone here at agilebits.

• Andrew Rogoff
    Andrew Rogoff
    Community Member
    Options

AgileBits - "The second fastest — and certainly most fun — way to find an answer to your question is to join our 1Password discussion forum:"
    Me - "Err, neither Blacksmith nor I are finding this much fun so far. Would be much more fun if we got some answers."

AgileBits - "Why We Answer Discussion Forum Questions First -Please note that we are answering questions in the Discussion Forums before direct emails. You may be wondering why this is."
    Me - "Hmm, so this is faster than email. Really? Wow - so how slow are your answers by email then"?

AgileBits - "While we love the one-to-one connection email provides, each email we send only helps a single person. Our answers in the forum, however, are viewable by everyone (and are also indexed by Google)."
    Me - "Yes - and everyone is seeing this - but not your answers - because there are none! ;)"

• SASinclair
    SASinclair
    Community Member
    Options

My wife is having the same problem. Due to the heart bleed bug she changed her Facebook password in 1Password in her mac and several hours later is still has not changed on her iOS devices using the dropbox sync. no error messages and it says it is syncing with no changes found.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi guys,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with successfully Dropbox syncing all of your 1Password data between some of your systems/devices.

Please give this a try:

• Add a uniquely titled Secure Note item on each system/device and make sure syncing has completed.

• Log in to 1PasswordAnywhere and let us know which items (if any) are missing there.

• Check each system/device and let us know which items (if any) are missing on which system/device.

That will help us better isolate what isn't working properly, then we can further troubleshooting from there. Thanks! :)

• Andrew Rogoff
    Andrew Rogoff
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jasper, thanks for getting back to us. I added a secure note on my iPhone and it successfully synced with my Mac and iPad. So, it looks like there was a bug syncing one of my credit cards. Previously, I changed the PIN on a credit card on my iPhone and it never synced with my Mac. I have just changed the title of the credit card and now it has successfully synced. So, it looks like changing the fields in the "Additional Details" on the iPhone did not trigger a sync event for some reason.

Cheers, Andrew

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

I'm glad to hear that it's working now, Andrew! Please let us know if you run into any other sync trouble and we can investigate further. :)

This discussion has been closed.