A couple annoyances moving to V4

Options
Kengel
Kengel
Community Member
  1. Two finger tap (trackpad) aka Right Click used to bring up a dialog that allowed choices of available passwords immediately - but in this rev there is an extra step in the form of a 1 Password menu item followed by a pop up which requires further navigation moves to access. I used to use this method all the time, but now it's a lot more work so I'm going back to clicking on the menu bar icon instead. :-(

2. In the 1P program itself, I used to be able to double click to Edit/reveal a password or username - now we have to navigate down to the Edit button or use the drop down navigation from the Copy button to reveal. Just more work and less intuitive.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

As to 2, have you tried pressing the option key to see the hidden fields?

Stephen

• Kengel
    Kengel
    Community Member
    Options

As to 2, have you tried pressing the option key to see the hidden fields?

Yes, but all that does is the same as the drop down menu - double click doesn't jump you into edit mode as it did in V3.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @Kengel,

Thanks for your feedback about these issues.

Selecting 1Password from the context menu in version 4 now opens the new 1Password mini interface, like pressing the browser extension toolbar icon or the menubar icon or using the Show 1Password mini keyboard shortcut (default Option-Command-\). I'll mention to the developers that you preferred the version 3 context menu interface.

Double-clicking item details in the main application to enter Edit mode is in our request tracker and I've included your "vote" for it. Pressing Command-E is a quick way to enter Edit mode. And you can also select Edit in the context menu for an item in the item list. But hidden fields aren't automatically revealed in that mode. Pressing the Option key to temporarily reveal them is one way of doing it, like @Stephen_C mentioned. And toggling their visibility using the View > Conceal Passwords command (Control-Command_P shortcut) is another.

This discussion has been closed.