Edit History

Options
revenkyte
revenkyte
Community Member

Would it be possible to have an edit history/Versions support for individual passwords for websites?

Sometimes I'm quite curious as to when I last updated my password, when was the first time I updated the password, etc.

Other times I overwrite my original password when I'm changing my password by accident, so I can't add in my 'current password' in the form to change my password to the new one, which is annoying.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you have a previous password for a login you should see a field called show previously used passwords. You can click on that and view the previous passwords.

Stephen

• revenkyte
    revenkyte
    Community Member
    Options

Yes but having dates of revision would be nice.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @revenkyte,

If you click the show previously used passwords button, you can see all your previous passwords and their dates of revision:

• revenkyte
    revenkyte
    Community Member
    Options

Fantastic, thanks!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

• jefferis
    jefferis
    Community Member
    Options

I am not seeing the previous history button. I ran into a problem where changing a password at Sam's Club causes a popup jsp window where you have to change the password, but when I right clicked into the new pwd field and generated a new pwd, it did not update or offer to update 1P. It was horrendous trying to find any history for the item and no previous password button appears.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@jefferis‌ was your generated password not in the Passwords category? That's the place passwords go if not specifically linked to a saved login item.

Stephen

• revenkyte
    revenkyte
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @jasperp, the 'previously used password' thing is great, but having a full-on Versions-esque sort of thing would be fantastic. Lots of other forms and especially the notes as well, where I might accidentally lose if I overwrite my old stuff.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! I'll pass it along to the developers. :)

Also, keep in mind that 1Password makes daily backups of your data in case you need to restore any old data.

• revenkyte
    revenkyte
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, thanks for passing along my suggestion.

Thing is that, like Versions and Time Machine, it greatly simplifies the whole process. I'm able to browse through, at ease, through multiple versions of my document and comparing and contrasting the changes.

• Jasper
    Options

Good point! Thanks again for the feedback.

This discussion has been closed.