Feature Request: Support for cross-platform sync via box.com

Options
petro
petro
Community Member

As a very happy and mostly problem-free user for many years, this is the first time I've needed to post...

Dropbox as of late has been falling behind and making staffing choices that leave me wanting to look elsewhere. I can get a lot more storage elsewhere, my employer sponsors business accounts on box.com, and I'd prefer not to be locked in to one choice.

So that said, what's stopping support for syncing via box.com? Does their API for free accounts allow enough functionality to sync 1password files? Is there any DIY way to approach this in the works, where 1password on iOS could be setup to generically sync to a service? Or would this be a significant cross-platform development effort?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @petro,

Thanks for the feedback! We are looking into alternate cloud file storage and sync services to see if they can be an option for syncing your 1Password data.

Please see this discussion for more details:

Alternatives to Dropbox sync

• darb224
    darb224
    Community Member
    Options

For multiple reasons I prefer not to use DropBox. It would be awesome if 1Password allowed syncing via box.com.

I searched the forums for box.com sync but box is such a common word on these forums that I couldn't find anything through the noise. Perhaps I just don't know how to search.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @darb224‌,

I merged your post with this existing thread. The search here isn't the best, so I often end up using Google instead like I did in this case. Please see @JasperP's post above and let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

Thanks for letting us know you are interested in this!

This discussion has been closed.