Local folder sync: sending .agilekeychain by bluetooth

Options
rmichael
rmichael
Community Member

My Nexus 4 / Android 4.4.2 won't accept the .agilekeychain file over bluetooth from my MacOS 10.8.4 machine, which reports "file type not accepted".

Can you register 1Password as a handler for your keychain filetype? (And ideally, on receive, store it in a sensible place on the SDcard?)

The work around is to ZIP the keychain, send it, then install another app to unzip it (Android can't unzip natively!). This means another app handles my keychain, which although it's encrypted, I really don't want to do.

Ideally, you could sync directly over bluetooth or wifi (another vote for Google Drive here too - really looking forward to that!). But in meantime, perhaps just work out the above bluetooth "send file" quirks.. ?

(Of course, another work around is to connect the phone by USB ... meh.)

Cheers!

Comments

• saad
    Options

Hi @rmichael! That makes sense, and I understand why you don't want to use another application to touch your data file. Transferring using USB every time there is an update is a lot of work.

We received a lot of request for WiFi and Google Drive sync support. I will add your votes for both these requests. I'll also let our development team know about your request to register 1Password as a handler for agilekeychain file types, so users can copy their vault using Bluetooth. Thanks for your feedback! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.