How to work with Partial password entries??

Options
richbam
richbam
Community Member

New to 1password, and have to say not so impressed so far - it's certainly not as easy to work with as claimed. I have several bank accounts and credit cards that have multi page entry requirements and I've been struggling to get these set up. I also have a Capital One UK credit card account and a UK Royal Bank Of Scotland Account that require several entry layers including random letters/numbers from a password or user account log in, which seems to be beyond the capabilities of this program - I've seen several references to this on this blog so far but no remedies other than setting up multiple combinations of all the entries - really???
I also have to say I'm a bit annoyed that I paid 49.99 for this on the APP store only to find 2 days later that the price was cut in half because of heart bleed, and now I also discover that I have to pay more money to get it installed on my IPAD so that I can synch it across.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi @richbam,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible. I'm so sorry to hear that 1Password hasn't been working smoothly for you so far! Let's see if we can't get this sorted out.

I have several bank accounts and credit cards that have multi page entry requirements and I've been struggling to get these set up.

In general, for sites that require a two-page Login, you may need to create two separate entries in 1Password. We have instructions on that here: How to create multi-page Logins. However, some users have found that 1Password can fill multi-page Logins with a single entry as well. Please see the post here: 1Password and Bank of America. These instructions are for Bank of America in particular, but they seem to apply to many other multi-page sites as well.

I also have a Capital One UK credit card account and a UK Royal Bank Of Scotland Account that require several entry layers including random letters/numbers from a password or user account log in,

Unfortunately, your research is correct here. 1Password cannot fill in random parts of your password. This is an often requested feature, and I'd be happy to add your vote to the issue in our tracker. For the time being, one popular workaround is to copy your password into the note section of the entry and separate it with spaces, and add digits in a lower row to make finding those random characters simpler.

I also have to say I'm a bit annoyed that I paid 49.99 for this on the APP store only to find 2 days later that the price was cut in half because of heart bleed, and now I also discover that I have to pay more money to get it installed on my IPAD so that I can synch it across.

We are happy to honour our 30-day guarantee, so if you'll send in your purchase information to support+forum@ agilebits .com, our team will be happy to make this right. I know how hard it is to miss a sale by just a few days!

I hope this helps to answer your questions, but we're here for you if there's anything further you require!

This discussion has been closed.