1Password Mac vs. 1Password iOS

Options
wrwing
wrwing
Community Member

I've installed 1Password on both my laptop and desktop in the last couple of days (pushed by HeartBleed). I started by downloading 1Password from the Agile Bits web site, then (because I assumed it would make future updates easier) I bought it at the Mac App Store. Got interrupted in that process and when I came back to it, I didn't REALLY know which copy to install on the Laptop (which had both). I looked at the creation dates and installed the biggest (and newest) of the two.
Now, I discover I've got 4.1.2 (from the Apple App store) installed on my Desktop and 4.2.2 (from the Agile Bits web site) installed on my laptop. They seem to work together with no problems, and they do properly sync their data through iCloud, although they identify themselves differently (1Password vs. 1Password 4)

How can I get the versions sync'd?

More to the point (and my REAL problem); having now used 1Password to update passwords on a bunch of web sites I use, I bought and downloaded the iOS version from the App store and I discover that (seemingly) it CAN'T sync with the Mac versions. That is, when I tell it to sync through iCloud, it says it can't find any 1Password data (and yes, I'm using the same Apple ID across ALL my systems and for everything). How can I make the iOS version of 1Password pick up the new, very robust, passwords generated by the Mac versions? Unless I can get the iOS copy of 1Password to sync with the new Mac version passwords, I'm going to have to roll everything back.

Thanks,
Bill

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I can't provide specific advice for your iOS sync issues, but I can assure you that it will get fixed. You won't need to roll everything back.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Bill ( @wrwing‌ )

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

Now, it sounds like you've got quite the set-up going on there! Let's get this sorted out:

• Which version of 1Password do you prefer to continue with? (The differences between the Mac App Store and the webstore version are listed here: Where to Purchase)
    • Which computer has your most up-to-date data?

We'll simply ensure that you're using the same version on all computers, then reset sync to get everything on the same page. I can give you better instructions once I know a bit more here. :)

This discussion has been closed.