1password mini not recognising chrome browser extension

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hi,

I installed 1password yesterday and since then I have not been able to get the chrome browser extension to work properly. In 1P mini it says 'install browser extension' even though I already have it installed. Also, it seems as if the browser version of 1P mini is not recognising my main 1P vault as no logins, profiles or other information I have entered into 1P show up in the browser extension of 1P.

As you can see in the screenshots, I have 1P mini and the browser extension installed, but 1P mini still thinks I do not have it installed. Also the second screenshot shows the only options within the browser extension - none of my logins are showing up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Also, I have checked all the suggested fixes for the browser extension not auto-filling, including changing proxy settings but none of these seemed to have worked.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

It does sound rather as though you may have two versions of 1P installed: is that possible? There's not really any other reason why 1P mini should not show the items you see in the main app because both use the same database.

Stephen

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response. I guess there is a possibility that I have two versions of 1P installed but I cannot seem to find any sign of two versions on my mac. Any idea as to how to check that I definitely don't have two versions installed? Many thanks for your help yet again.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The easy way to do a very basis check is to see what you have in your applications folder...but I guess you've probably already looked there. You could also of course search for anything including "1Password" on your machine and see what that turns up—although there will be a lot of odd folders and files that are in any event associated with 1P4.

If the first suggestion above doesn't turn up anything I suggest you hold on until someone from AgileBits comes along with some rather more expert advice than I can give: sorry!

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TomClaydon,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble here. I think @Stephen_C is right about the two versions installed. In order to get a better idea of what's going on in your system, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.