Bug DROPBOX SYNC: Keeps sending whole keychain again and again [FIXED in 3.5.2]

2»

Comments

• roustem
    edited December 1969
    We found the way to recreate this problem and will be submitting the fix later today.

Thank you for your help, everyone!
  • rvietri
    edited December 1969
    roustem wrote:
    We found the way to recreate this problem and will be submitting the fix later today.

Thank you for your help, everyone!

Glad we could help. Now I guess we just have to wait a week for the new app to show up on the store. Hopefully Apple prioritises the update.
  • dteare
    edited December 1969
    rvietri wrote:
    Glad we could help.

You were a huge help. Thank you!

rvietri wrote:
    Now I guess we just have to wait a week for the new app to show up on the store. Hopefully Apple prioritises the update.

It took about 4 days for this version to be approved, but with the weekend coming, it could take a bit longer. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to prioritize updates. I would happily pay extra for that but I can't :(

On the bright side, I am very happy this tricky issue was found and solved so quickly (Apple just approved the new version 16 hours ago, while I was asleep). Finding international issues often takes a lot longer so I'm grateful we have this fixed already.
  • noelbernie
    noelbernie
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    dteare wrote:
    You were a huge help. Thank you!

It took about 4 days for this version to be approved, but with the weekend coming, it could take a bit longer. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to prioritize updates. I would happily pay extra for that but I can't :(

On the bright side, I am very happy this tricky issue was found and solved so quickly (Apple just approved the new version 16 hours ago, while I was asleep). Finding international issues often takes a lot longer so I'm grateful we have this fixed already.

i read a while back about an email address for expedited bugfix urgent reviews, not sure if it's still around nowadays ?
  • lonevvolf
    lonevvolf
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    At least it's great news that you've found the problem so quickly. Thanks for keeping on top of things!
  • bondskin
    bondskin
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    good news, indeed.
    You guys at Agile are making awesome products, bugs can happen, never mind.
  • Roadstar
    Roadstar
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    It's good to know that the bug has been fixed already, hope Apple approves the fix quickly. It gets rather annoying when every single time I launch 1password on my iPhone, it syncs up everything again and bombards my Mac with Growl notifications for minutes.

I'll just try to minimize the times I launch the iPhone version before the fixed version is approved, the feature will be insanely great once it works properly.
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    Turns out that the temporary workaround is to "change the regional settings to US":
    http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?25371
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I assume this advice is relevant to 3G and 4 users, but not to 2G. True?
  • roustem
    edited December 1969
    I assume this advice is relevant to 3G and 4 users, but not to 2G. True?

No, 2G has a completely different issue. It should be fixed in 3.5.1.
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    roustem wrote:
    No, 2G has a completely different issue. It should be fixed in 3.5.1.

I think you mean "yes"; I asked if this fix was NOT relevant to 2G. Awaiting 3.5.1 and will reload 1P Pro then. Thanks, Roustem.
  • I still have this problem, both on Iphone 4.0.1 and Ipad 3.2.1 with 1Password Pro 3.5.1. I thought it would be fixed in 3.5.1?
  • rosenkrieger
    rosenkrieger
    Community Member
    sege wrote:

I still have this problem, both on Iphone 4.0.1 and Ipad 3.2.1 with 1Password Pro 3.5.1. I thought it would be fixed in 3.5.1?

If I remember it correctly it stated that the bug still exists in the 3.5.1 Update Information. Hopefully it will soon be fixed as well. Its nice that US customers can use it without problems, but other countries are "left behind". Its one of the most useful features of 1Password in regards of keeping everything in sync :-/
  • atmurray
    edited August 2010
    Hey guys,

If it's true that 3.5.1 still exhibits this bug, can you make sure that references that state that 3.5.1 fixes it are corrected?
    For example, the (official) info here: http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html (under known issues) implies that it is fixed in 3.5.1.

Good luck swatting this pesky bug once and for all!
  • MikeT
    edited August 2010
    sege wrote:

I still have this problem, both on Iphone 4.0.1 and Ipad 3.2.1 with 1Password Pro 3.5.1. I thought it would be fixed in 3.5.1?

Sorry, the region bug isn't fixed in 3.5.1 but it is fixed in 3.5.2. Shouldn't be too far out.

If I remember it correctly it stated that the bug still exists in the 3.5.1 Update Information. Hopefully it will soon be fixed as well. Its nice that US customers can use it without problems, but other countries are "left behind". Its one of the most useful features of 1Password in regards of keeping everything in sync :-/

I agree, Dropbox sync is one of the most useful features in 1Password for me too.

atmurray wrote:

Hey guys,

If it's true that 3.5.1 still exhibits this bug, can you make sure that references that state that 3.5.1 fixes it are corrected?
    For example, the (official) info here: http://help.agile.ws...th_dropbox.html (under known issues) implies that it is fixed in 3.5.1.

Good luck swatting this pesky bug once and for all!

Thanks for the report, we'll probably remove that as soon as the new update is released anyway. We believe we have swatted/raided/killed the bug once and for al in 1Password 3.5.2.
  • face
    face
    Community Member
    MikhailT wrote:

Sorry, the region bug isn't fixed in 3.5.1 but it is fixed in 3.5.2. Shouldn't be too far out.

Thanks for the update.
    3.5.2 was sent to Apple for approval ?
  • farsinsen
    farsinsen
    Community Member
    Hi,

Any news on when we can expect an update that fixes this? :unsure:
  • face wrote:

Thanks for the update.
    3.5.2 was sent to Apple for approval ?

farsinsen wrote:

Hi,

Any news on when we can expect an update that fixes this? :unsure:

I'm sorry guys, I don't have any more information other than "shouldn't be too long", that's the most accurate answer I can give at this moment. If I have more information, I'll be sure to update here.

• face
    face
    Community Member
    MikeT wrote:

I'm sorry guys, I don't have any more information other than "shouldn't be too long", that's the most accurate answer I can give at this moment. If I have more information, I'll be sure to update here.

Just fixed in 3.5.2: A big thank you !
  • Hi!

Its working for me now!

Great!

I can't understand the people complaining in their iTunes reviews.
    I don't know many Software Company's that identify a problem and release a fix in a matter of days.

Big thanks here!

I love that pice of software! Keep up the good work!
  • Seems like Dropbox sync is working for me now with 3.5.2. Thank you all!

I saw a quick 'conflict' flying by watching the first sync but I cant find any conflicts so it might have solved itself? :)
  • Running 1Password Pro 3.5.2 on iPhone 3G with iOS 4.0.1, no problems in Dropbox sync anymore. Takes a little while on the first sync, but after than everything is smooth sailing. It does also not perform a total sync every time, which was a headache in the previous version. All in all, I'd say Dropbox syncing is working fine right now.
  • Thanks for the updates, guys. We're glad that it's all working for you now.
    sege wrote:

Seems like Dropbox sync is working for me now with 3.5.2. Thank you all!

I saw a quick 'conflict' flying by watching the first sync but I cant find any conflicts so it might have solved itself? :)

A conflict is normal to see once in a while. It's Dropbox trying to figure out which file has changed first and when it can't decide, it'll create a second copy as a conflict to ensure that you don't lose any data.
  • The heading to this thread says "Fixed in 3.5.2". I'm running 1PW pro on an i-touch 1G and it's definitely not fixed.
    I'm back to WiFi sync and have a dropbox folder full of many dozens of little files. Can I move my keychain back to my Mac without bringing them all along?
    This kind of thing scares the beJesus out of me every time it happens -- and it often happens in 1PW.
  • golfsierra
    golfsierra
    Community Member
    I am still having some minor issues with the 3.5.2 update ...

Yesterday I deleted an entry on my Mac. Today I checked on my iPhone (4.0.2) and the entry still was there? So I checked the sync date and it said that the iPhone WAS synced with dropbox some minutes ago ... the entry STILL WAS THERE ...

So I QUIT the App on my iPhone and started it again ... THEN the entry was deleted ...

Do I always have to QUIT the App first that the changes will be DISPLAYED correctly???
  • In the end I have been forced to turn off DropBox sync. I am so sick and tired of the sync endlessly sending all 700 items every time a new sync happens. And there is another BIG issue here ... the excessive usage of your data allowance to perform these wholly unecessary repetitions! It's a nice idea but Wi-Fi was better and a lot more reliable (although, unfortunately, it's prohibited in the 1Password for Windows version).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    acanthis, are you using version 3.5.2 on your iOS device? This issue was resolved.
  • khad wrote:

acanthis, are you using version 3.5.2 on your iOS device? This issue was resolved.

Yes, and I can tell you that it absolutely has not been resolved. Every single time I started a sync on the iPhone it always, without exception, insisted on sending 696 items to DropBox. Every single time. Towards the end (before I gave up using DropBox sync) I wouldn't even try and open 1Password unless I was connected to my home Wi-Fi because of the massive data carrier bills it was capable of running up. I think there is something very wrong with the whole sync process and I honestly don't think you've cracked it yet. Anyway, for me, DropBox has been dropped.
This discussion has been closed.