Strategy for shared vaults?

Options
FolsomRider
FolsomRider
Community Member

I want to setup a shared vault with my wife for our bank accounts, etc. And have a private account for each of us, for work, personal, etc. I would prefer to use Dropbox syncing. We each have our own Dropbox account, and do not share access.

What's the recommended strategy for implementing this?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FolsomRider,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! We've got a guide on how to share a non-primary vault that should help you through the process. When you do not share a Dropbox account, it is important that you share the folder containing your 'vaultname'.agilekeychain and not the keychain itself.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but we're here if you have any further questions :)

• FolsomRider
    FolsomRider
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, this looks like a great guide, I will give it a try later today.

It looks like the recommended approach is for my personal vault to be my primary, and the shared vault to be a non-primary. Do I have that right?

This primary/non-primary distinction would be present for my 1Password Mac and 1Password iOS?

• FolsomRider
    FolsomRider
    Community Member
    Options

Also, this iOS update released today is really, really nice. Lots of polish. I'm really impressed!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @FolsomRider‌

I'm so glad to hear you like the look of the new iOS app - our developers will be so pleased to hear that!

Yes, you're correct, it is advised to keep your personal information in your primary vault and share secondary vaults with family or co-workers. By default, the iOS app will be looking for your primary vault, but you can add secondary vaults by tapping the 'Add vault' option in Settings > Sync.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you run into any further snags. :)

This discussion has been closed.