Sync between two Macs and iOS via iCloud [moved to email]

Options
DerCommodore
DerCommodore
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

Dear Team
First of all love your App - great job! Everythings works fine between my MacPro and my iPhone. The Sync via iCloud works like a charm.

BUT unfortunately my MacBook is not allowed to play with them. The dialog always tells me that it "couldn't find 1Password information on iCloud"
Here are the log file (with the error):

Tue Apr 15 23:36:39 2014| 412009 [SYNC:0x7f853c2084c0:] S ubiquityContainerURLForContainerType: | Container url 1 file://localhost/Volumes/Extend/home/Library/Mobile%20Documents/2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword/
Tue Apr 15 23:36:39 2014| 412009 [SYNC:0x7f853c2084c0:] S ubiquityContainerURLForContainerType: | Container url 2 file://localhost/Volumes/Extend/home/Library/Mobile%20Documents/2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword/
Tue Apr 15 23:36:39 2014| 412009 [CLOUDKEYCHAIN:0x7f853c2084c0:] E loadProfileWithError: | Coordination error while loading profile file://localhost/Volumes/Extend/home/Library/Mobile%20Documents/2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword/onepassword_data/default/profile.js: Error Domain=LibrarianErrorDomain Code=1 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (LibrarianErrorDomain error 1 - Unable to initiate item download.)" UserInfo=0x7f853c333bd0 {NSURL=file:///Volumes/Extend/home/Library/Mobile%20Documents/2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword/onepassword_data/default/profile.js, NSDescription=Unable to initiate item download., NSUnderlyingError=0x7f853c333b30 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (UBErrorDomain error 5 - Could not yet find a peer to download this item from. Download will be automatically attempted when it becomes available.)"}

I checked the folder structure.
The folder /Volumes/Extend/home/Library/Mobile Documents/2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword/ exists!
it has a "onepassword_data" and in this folder a "default" folder in it with the following files:
-rw-r--r--@ 1 username staff 3112 15 Apr 21:29 band_3.js
-rw-r--r--@ 1 username staff 3731 15 Apr 21:29 band_6.js
-rw-r--r--@ 1 username staff 1431 15 Apr 21:29 band_9.js
-rw-r--r--@ 1 username staff 281 15 Apr 21:29 folders.js
-rw-r--r--@ 1 username staff 916 15 Apr 21:29 profile.js

Any ideas on how to fix that?
I updated the app, waited 24h and restarted the machine multiple times to be absolutely sure ;)

THX in advance!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DerCommodore‌

Thanks so much for your kind words about 1Password! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble syncing. Let's see what we can do to get this sorted out. First of all, there are a few basic things to check:

• Ensure that you are logged in with the same iCloud account on all devices (somehow I have multiple AppleIDs and I'm always getting them mixed up!)
    • Ensure that 'Documents and Data' is enabled on all devices.

Now, if that doesn't get things syncing for you, the easiest way to give iCloud a kickstart here is to simply reset it:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle iCloud to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

Please let me know if your MacBook is still not allowed in the syncing party and we'll investigate further.

• DerCommodore
    DerCommodore
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan‌
    Thanks for your replay.
    Ensure that you are logged in with the same iCloud account on all devices (somehow I have multiple AppleIDs and I'm always getting them mixed up!)
    Checked - other services are working fine
    Ensure that 'Documents and Data' is enabled on all devices.
    Checked

On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle iCloud to OFF.
    On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.
    Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.
    Restart the Mac and iOS devices.
    On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.
    Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.
    Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

Sorry -- The MacBook still is not allowed to play with the others - even after the procedure :(

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @DerCommodore‌,

Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble! Could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• DerCommodore
    DerCommodore
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @JasperP‌

I created the Diagnostic Report - but it was a little too personal to send it over IMO .... :(
    BUT the only interesting line was anyway:

Sanitized Release profile.js
    profile.js could not be read. This could be due to not being completely downloaded yet, or it might be corrupt. Everything else seems to be ok.

• Jasper
    edited April 2014
    Options

So we can further assist you, could you please send us an email: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please include a link to this discussion in the email. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.