subdomains

Options
drouchy
drouchy
Community Member

Hi,

1password shows all the password on a specific domain, I can't find a way to limit the list based on the sub domain.

for example, I've got 2 logins: rubytapas.dpdcart.com & elixirsips.dpdcart.com. Every time I log in on either site, 1 password shows me both.

Cheers,

David

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi @drouchy,

Which version of 1Password are you currently using? Version 4.2 (currently 4.2.2 from our website and available soon from the Mac App Store) adds the Lenient URL matching option. When disabled (the default), you should get the specific subdomain matching results you're looking for. Cheers!

• discern
    discern
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Except it doesn’t. This is the only thing keeping me from fully switching over to 1Password. When in non-lenient mode, it needs to be very strict with this, and only save/enter passwords for the exact subdomain. I've accidentally overwritten numerous passwords because of this flaw, and as a result have decided to disable 1Password until this works properly. As a developer, I work on many development sites, each with their own subdomain.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @discern,

Can you mention specific steps for reproducing the problem that's caused you to accidentally overwrite passwords? And is it with version 4.2.2, when Lenient URL matching is disabled? Thanks for helping clarify this.

• Jablair
    Jablair
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

@sjk‌ Having a similar problem getting subdomain matching to work. Looks like there are a number of threads related to this, so I didn't think you needed me to start a new one.

I've got Lenient URL matching disabled, but I'm still seeing multiple logins for sites even though they're on different subdomains.

For a concrete example, I've got accounts at both nothirst.zendesk.com and paprikaapp.zendesk.com. When I visit one of those sites, both of the entries show up in 1Password Mini.

(I'm seeing this on some other sites, too, but zendesk was just the one that pushed me to hop onto the forums.)

• mediasys
    mediasys
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - My two pennies worth... this would appear to be fixed (for me at least) in 4.3. I had the same problem but now 1Password mini shows the login which matches the subdomain exactly and also adds a further entry below which says "Show n more items" (if there are any others which match the domain). So for @Jablair‌ when browsing to "nothirst.zendesk.com", in 4.3, he should see the login entry for that specific domain and another entry saying "Show 1 more item". Only when that's clicked will it also show the login for "paprikaapp.zendesk.com". My "Lenient URL matching" is switched off in my preferences BTW.

• Jablair
    Jablair
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, how @mediasys‌ describes it is what I'd expect to be seeing under 4.3. I'm still seeing the legacy behavior.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi guys,

@Jablair: Do you only have two Login items for zendesk.com or other (sub)domains where you're seeing the "legacy behavior"?

@mediasys: Have you ever seen Show 1 more item in 1Password mini during (sub)domain matching?

I've only been able to get Show N more items to appear when at least three items exist for a (sub)domain. With only two, both are displayed with the best match is first or title sorted if neither is better.

• mediasys
    mediasys
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk: Fair cop - In my case I had three entries with the same domain. Having removed one I get both displayed in 1Password mini but the first one always correctly matches the whole subdomain. Adding subsequent logins for different subdomains results in the "Show N more items" being displayed for the entries which do not match the subdomain exactly.

• Jablair
    Jablair
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk I jumped the gun a bit - I've got 2 zendesk.com subdomain login items and both show up in the mini browser, but the appropriate one fills in when I hit command-/. I assumed that since the mini browser displayed multiple items, it wouldn't auto-login. (i.e., the legacy behavior).

Now, I do have problems with one logins for one of my clients. I've got 3 accounts configured to display for the various subdomains they run. All show up in the mini browser and command-/ doesn't work. I'm happy to provide more details and figure out what's happening, but I'd prefer not to do it in a public forum.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries, guys. :)

@Jablair, feel free to send me a private message with more details about what's misbehaving.

This discussion has been closed.