Chrome Extension after Autofill leaves box open

Options
caseywilson
caseywilson
Community Member

When I autofill a form using the keyboard shortcut, the little box with search/password generator/logins etc remains with the focus of my cursor in it. I would imagine it should go away like it did in 1Password 3. Also, when I had the menubar button enabled, it would log me in smoothly, but then snag the cursor and put the focus on the menu bar even after the web page had refreshed and I was logged in.

Any ideas? Thanks.

1Password 4.1.2, 1Password Chrome Extension 4.1.1.90, Chrome 34.~, OSX 10.8.5

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @caseywilson‌

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password's filling lately. Let's try this:

• Open 1Password.
    • Click the 1Password menu, hold down the Control key, and select Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Restart the Mac.
    • Relaunch 1Password

Let me know if this gets things behaving a bit better!

• caseywilson
    caseywilson
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Megan,

I've been testing a lot of things, and I've found a way to reproduce the problem.

The issue has to do with having multiple Chrome users at the same time, with the 1Password extensions installed for those users as well.

This works:

• Open Chrome
    • Find Website
    • Command + \

If I do this, I have the issue (and several others):

• Open Chrome
    • Open New Window with another User
    • Go back to original user window
    • Find Website
    • Command + \
    • Problems I stated above.

I've restarted Chrome, 1Password, and my computer. I've reinstalled 1Password and the extensions twice, but I am consistently having issues with multiple Chrome users.

Thank you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @caseywilson,

Thanks for the details about how you're able to reproduce this problem. By multiple Chrome users, you do mean separate user "profiles" within the same instance of Chrome, not separate user accounts on the system each using Chrome?

The next update to 1Password 4.1.2 from the Mac App Store (available soon!) has improved improved support for multiple Chrome profiles. Can you hang on a bit longer for that update and check if it works properly? Your patience is appreciated!

• caseywilson
    caseywilson
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk

Chrome profiles, yes. User accounts within the Chrome app. Does the beta build contain this fix?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @caseywilson,

The version 4.3 is now available from the Mac App Store as a free update. Please ensure that you've updated and let me know if that resolves your problem. If not, we will of course investigate further. :)

Thanks!

• Ilya Shaisultanov
    Ilya Shaisultanov
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

Same issue here after updating to 4.3 from 4.2.2.
    Seems to be happening when using a shortcut to login.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hey guys,

It looks like changes in the 4.3 app update aren't enough to fix this issue, but changes in the beta extension might help. If you'd like to give that a try, open the 1Password Extension page in Chrome, then select Enable betas before clicking the big green Install button. With Chrome, make sure it's the only extension enabled on the chrome://extensions page. Since it is still a beta you might notice a few unpolished bits but it's getting closer to an official release. And it's pretty easy to disable/remove the beta if it's troublesome and reenable/reinstall the non-beta. :)

This discussion has been closed.