Does Not clear clipboard after locking

StinkyPants
StinkyPants
Community Member

I have read a few places in here that says 1Password will clear the clipboard once it locks. I have the setting lock on exit selected and also manually locked it.

The clipboard still houses the password in the clipboard and I have to manually clear it.

I am on a Note3 running android 4.4.2

Thank you

Comments

• Hello! :) We received a lot of feedback about 1Password clearing the clipboard once it locks. This prevented copying values into 1Password such as a long URL for a new login item. We decided to disable clearing clipboard in our latest build because of all the feedback we received. Do you prefer having an option to disable or enable clearing clipboard?

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member

@saad‌ I love the feature that cleans clipboard. It's more secure and I do not have to do it manually. On my Note II it's clean automatically. I'd like to have this option for enable/disable clipboard cleaning. But keep the password copied makes me a bit nervous. Anyone could paste my password if I forget to clean it.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@saad, can an Android app continue to execute any code at all after your switch away from it? There ideal would be for clipboard data to exist for a set amount of time after lock (say 30 seconds) to allow paste into the target app.

• With some limitations, an Android application can continue to execute code after switching away from it. It makes a lot of sense to have something like a service in the background that's in charge of clearing the clipboard after a set time. I'll add this to our issue tracker for our development team to review. Thanks! :)

• StinkyPants
    StinkyPants
    Community Member

@saad‌, Ya I would really prefer that it cleared my clipboard every time I closed it out. If it was an option that I could select to make this happen for some of us security nerds that would be awesome.

Thanks for the reply

This discussion has been closed.