Sync via iCloud no longer working

Options
JodiSte01
JodiSte01
Community Member

I have a similar issue to some of the others I read about here on the forum.
I also made quite a few changes to my passwords because of the recent security issues.
I made all my changes on my iPad. Selecting sync manually, checking my iPhone, syncing manually, but none of the changes have been taken over.
Of course I also changed my iCloud password, but this was manually changed in both devices and confirmed by the following check. So iCloud is working.
A bit strange is that the sync takes less than a second to complete on all devices, that does not seem right.

I changed about 150 Passwords, which took me several days. I don't want to loose this. I have version 4.5 on my iPad and iPhone
Any ideas what to do?

I will also check on my Mac at home this weekend, lets see.....

Comments

• JodiSte01
    JodiSte01
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I did a few more checks:
    I have a secondary vault set up on my iPad synced via DropBox. I've set the same one up on my iPhone and they synced alright.
    But the sync via iCloud on my Primary vault does not work at all.
    I use my secondary vault for some sort of Backup. Changes don't seem to be taken over automatically from vault to vault, which is fine for me.

However the iCloud Sync is important for me, so ant advice is very much appreciated.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JodiSte01‌

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with iCloud sync lately. Let's see if we can't get this sorted out! First step here is to reset sync to see if that gives things a kickstart:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync, and toggle iCloud to OFF.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the device with the up-to-date, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the other computers and devices and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

Changes don't seem to be taken over automatically from vault to vault, which is fine for me.

This is working as designed. Items will not stay in sync across multiple vaults, due to the way vaults are encrypted.

I hope this helps, but we're here for you if you have any further questions!

This discussion has been closed.