1Password mini doesn't fill in user field for a specific CC site

2stepbay
2stepbay
Community Member
edited March 2014 in Mac

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/creditcards/CitiHome.do
Even though the User info is correctly entered in 1Password 4 database, no entry is recorded in the User field when using via the mini extension in various browsers. This is true for Safari 7, Safari 6, Firefox 27 and Chrome on Mountain Lion or Mavericks. By contrast, password field has no issue.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @2stepbay‌,

This site has been bothering 1Password for a while now, but you'll be happy to know that our developers have finally found a solution! The beta extension should behave properly with CitiBank. If you'd like to try it out, head on over to https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html and select 'Enable Betas'. If you'd prefer to stick with the release version of the extension, have no fear! Things should be updated there soon as well. :)

• cy1password
    cy1password
    Community Member

Just want to add my name to the list and check the progress. I see there are three different posts about this same problem and the response is the same. It's been about a month now. Wondering what is the status.

Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cy1password‌,

Thanks for checking in on us! As I've mentioned above, the developers have done some great work improving 1Password's filling lately, and one of the improvements has been to Citibank. The beta version of the extension should fill correctly on this site. Unfortunately, I can't comment on when this fix will make it into the release version, but you're welcome to test it out for yourself right now by enabling beta extensions. :)

• edge4414
    edge4414
    Community Member

Having multiple problems with various websites using mini. Not only does it not fill in data but will open to a blank (untitled page). Is this fix coming a general fix or specific by website reported?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @edge4414,

Our developers have been working to improve 1Password's filling across all sites, including a few specific tricky ones (like Citi bank mentioned above) that have been giving us trouble in the past.

If you're curious, feel free to check it out for yourself. Just head on over to our extension download page and select the option to enable beta extensions. Or, if you'd like us to do some testing here, please give us a few of the URLs that 1Password is currently having difficulty filling. If our filling gurus haven't already fixed it for the site in question, we'll just add it to their 'to do' list. ;)

• edge4414
    edge4414
    Community Member
    edited March 2014

Thank you Megan

I downloaded the Beta and found no relief. The following are ones I use constantly that open a new tab that is blank.I have 16 favorites and these 5 don't work. This problem must be massive or I'm dealing with a different issue.

I am running OSX 10.9.2, Safari 7.0.2 and 1Password 4.2.2 just updated to the Beta.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @edge4414,

Thanks for that list of pages giving you trouble with 1Password. After saving a new Login manually for each of them, autofill worked with all of them.

Which method(s) are you using to open and fill those pages? Let's focus on getting one of them working, then move on to others.

First, give this a try:

Do the Email Address and Password fields fill on that page? If that works, please try this:

• Make sure the https://mdi.morningstar.com/Login.aspx page isn't open in Safari
    • Click the 1Password key icon in the Safari toolbar to open 1Password mini
    • Select the same Login item for Morningstar that you used earlier

Does a new tab/window open with the the Morningstar, then Email Address and Password fields fill there?

If filling isn't working try saving a new Login manually on the page, then repeat the steps above using that new item and let us know the results.

Any information you can provide how you're using non-working items is appreciated so we can isolate where the problem is. Thanks!

• edge4414
    edge4414
    Community Member

I discovered some more information. I use 1Password 95 % of the time using 2 methods. The first is the page is loaded in Safari and I use a shortcut "command \" - this continues to work. I believe this is your first method and it does work with either the shortcut or 1Password mini.
    The 2nd method I use, and I believe your 2nd method as well, is when an open page has not started I click on the 1Password key in the toolbar and find my login and click to open. However these items I have listed do not work that way and instead open a new tab but blank with no URL listed,so there is nothing to fill in. I just discovered if I wait for the new window to open, with all the 1Password info and edit option, for that login to open I can slide my cursor over to the URL, click and it opens and fills. But none of these work by just clicking on the login name. I will now try the manual save and report back.

• edge4414
    edge4414
    Community Member

Your last instruction to save a new login manually worked on (4) of the items. The 5th CVS Caremark webpage is down and I will try that later and report. However, I just started going down the list of all my 1Password entries and most do not work. I have 164 logins. I hope I don't have to manually change all these. Please advise.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014

Hi @edge4414,

Thanks for that new information.

I am running OSX 10.9.2, Safari 7.0.2 and 1Password 4.2.2 just updated to the Beta.

To clarify, is that the beta extension for Safari (currently 4.2.0.b14)?

The 2nd method I use, and I believe your 2nd method as well, is when an open page has not started I click on the 1Password key in the toolbar and find my login and click to open. However these items I have listed do not work that way and instead open a new tab but blank with no URL listed,so there is nothing to fill in.

It's unusual that a new page with an empty page would open after selecting a specific Login item to open and fill with. Do you have any other extensions or password managers enabled in Safari?

I just discovered if I wait for the new window to open, with all the 1Password info and edit option, for that login to open I can slide my cursor over to the URL, click and it opens and fills.

Why open and fill is working there and not in other ways is a mystery.

Your last instruction to save a new login manually worked on (4) of the items.

With all open and fill methods?

I just started going down the list of all my 1Password entries and most do not work.

What happens when you select one of those in the main application and run Item > Fill Login in Browser (Option-Command-Return shortcut) with it?

I have 164 logins. I hope I don't have to manually change all these.

We certainly don't want you to do that! :O

So we can take a closer look at your 1Password configuration, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you with isolating and resolving this problem directly through email. Thanks in advance!

• edge4414
    edge4414
    Community Member

I have sent the report at 7:45 AM Boston time zone

• edge4414
    edge4414
    Community Member
    edited March 2014

First let me say my 1Password appears to be running fine now. I will still answer these questions but not sure you need.

1. A new Beta downloaded over the weekend 4.3 Beta-7. This was close to the times my problem disappeared. My Ext. version is 4.1 and is on automatic upgrade. Don't know how to get beta there.

2. I do have other extensions but no password generators. I have a total of 8 ext. and all seem to be working.

3. No answer required

4. Yes all methods worked immediately after changing password

5. All 1password items loaded without problem from the main 1Password application

6. Diagnostics sent

Further Comments - A few things changed this weekend.

1. I have had 1Password for a few years and upgraded to 4.0 immediately upon release. This weekend I was told my trial had ended and I needed to pay for upgrade. I thought I had and still don't understand the trial but I couldn't find a payment so I did upgrade and pay $29

2. Beta 4.3.7 downloaded this weekend. This was an upgrade from the previous Beta I downloaded Thurs./Fri

3. I had (2) 1Pass mini keys appearing. 1 in the top toolbar "Safari File Edit View etc." and 1 on the Safari page toolbar. I changed my settings so it only shows on the main toolbar line at the top - Safari File etc.

4. I fixed all my Favorite items in "mini" + a couple more.
      With all that happening I am not sure what fixed the other items but something has clearly changed. Lastly I am crashing a lot from "Mini" but I have sent reports each time and I guess it should be in the diagnostic report.

Mike

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2014

Hi Mike ( @edge4414‌ ),

Thanks so much for sending in that Report. Since you mention seeing 2 1Password Mini's, I think we might have some clean-up to do from when you switched from the release version of 1Password 4 to the beta. However, we'll deal with that directly via email after we've had a chance to look more closely at your set-up.

I'm not yet able to see your Diagnostic Report in our inbox. Did you use a different email than is attached to your forum account? If so, please send me a private message with the address you used so that I can track your email down and get things started here. :)

Edit: We've found your Report, someone from our support team will be getting back to you as soon as possible!

• mdw2lax
    mdw2lax
    Community Member
    edited April 2014

Having essentially the same issue the initial poster explains - for me when using 1Pass on my Mac (full app or mini) will launch Citibank site in Chrome (https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do), fill the username but not the password.

First tried adding the login manually as suggested elsewhere but no luck.

Then as suggested above attempted to install browser extension with betas enabled, but got an error pop-up:
    "The page at https://agilebits.com says:
    There was an error installing the Chrome extension. Please try again."

On a lark I also made the mistake of deleting my Chrome extension thinking that might help when I tried to reinstall it, but still getting the error pop-up... so now I've got no extension as well. Tried closing and restarting the browser and 1Password and repeating some of the steps, no dice.

I've reached the "going down the rabbit hole" sensation so I figured I'd check in here and see if anyone could advise. :)

***EDIT - Managed to get Chrome extension reinstalled but still no luck with the betas or Citibank autofill.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

Hi @mdw2lax,

I've reproduced and internally reported filling issues with that Citibank page, although mostly with the User ID field not being filled unless it's selected first. Here's a workaround I used to get a Login item that fills both fields:

I hope that also works for you. And if you're still having trouble with the Chrome extension please let us. Thanks!

• mdw2lax
    mdw2lax
    Community Member

Drat, tried the workaround twice and no luck. Of course Citi happens to be the site I log in the most - looks like I'll be hanging in for whatever update comes along to address it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014

Hi @mdw2lax,

Drat indeed. Sorry that didn't help. Which versions of 1Password and the extension are you using?

Here's a sample Login item for the https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do page that you can download, import, then test filling with: Citibank tester.1pif

If you can get it working try changing the username and password fields to your own personal data. Hopefully you'll have success with that!

• mdw2lax
    mdw2lax
    Community Member

Double drat - I've had the strong sensation each time that your workarounds would do the trick, but again no luck. Citibank tester imported just fine, selecting it opened the web page and exactly as before it skips the first field, fills the second and enters it without a user name.

Not sure if relevant, but I do notice when the page opens, the cursor momentarily blinks in the correct first username field, just before it skips to the password field.

To answer your questions:
    • 1Password v4.1.2 (412009)
    • browser extension 4.1.1.90

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mdw2lax,

If you open Chrome and Go & Fill with that Citibank tester item (e.g. select it in 1Password mini) before opening the Citibank page, does it work properly? Opening the page first, then filling, I get the result with the 4.1.1.90 Chrome extension that you are.

With the 4.2.0.16 beta extension, Go & Fill "invisibly" fills the User ID field and clicking in it will reveal its filled value. Filling after the page is already open works fine.

Thanks for your help and patience while getting 1Password fully functional with this finicky form.

• mdw2lax
    mdw2lax
    Community Member

Happy to help. It's been working how I'd like otherwise so I'm overall encouraged.

But, I do get the same result using 1Password mini whether starting from the Citibank login page and filling, or starting on a different page. Hope I understood your point correctly.

Have also tried filling using the Chrome extension while on and off the login page, and from 1Password the app itself - always the same result.

Not sure if the beta would help me or not, but as before whenever I attempt to install I get an error message--
    "The page at https://agilebits.com says: There was an error installing the Chrome extension. Please try again."

Either way the key for me will be it filling successfully when I'm not already on the login page. As it is right now, after it skips the username and unsuccessfully attempts to log in, when the page reappears I can manually click on the user name, then use 1Pass Mini again and it'll fill. Hopefully this all makes sense.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hello again, @mdw2lax.

Yup, you've correctly understood me and all you're saying makes sense about these (non)filling Citibank fields. :)

Of course we want to get 'em both filling regardless of the method you're using. But I'm glad to know that pre-fill clicking in the User ID field is a workaround.

About the trouble with installing the Chrome beta extension, does it make any difference if using this directly link?

https://agilebits.com/browsers/download/chrome?beta=true

Is that the only extension you've had trouble installing since getting the non-beta version reinstalled earlier?

• mdw2lax
    mdw2lax
    Community Member

Yes it's the only version that's given me trouble (the other ones I've downloaded are the standard extensions for Safari and Firefox), however your link did the trick, I'm now using the beta extension. And... it's 90% working with the Citibank login as well, amazing. Now it auto fills both user name and password. The only part it doesn't do is "enter" once the fields are filled on its own like the other logins do for me, but all I need to do is just hit enter on the keyboard and I'm in. I'd consider that last part not an issue for me in the same vein as the original issue that brought me here, more just mentioning it as an FYI.

Long story short, the beta extension once I finally got it was a solution for me, and thank you for walking me through all this!

• I'm glad to hear it's (mostly) working now! :)

On behalf of @sjk, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.