1Password always need to be restarted to work with Chrome

Hello,

I downloaded the trial version of 1password and as well as the chrome addon. I love the software and I want to purchase it but I am having a huge problem and if it cannot be fixed I see no reason to buy it.

Within chrome the little key symbol keeps showing a red box with an exclamation mark. It does it every day to and it hinder 1password fro auto locking which is a huge problem. To resolve the problem I have to open up 1password software and go help menu and click on restart. I do this sometime 2 -3 times a day.

Could you please help me fix this.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We'll sure try, @JohnDoeMe‌.

First, please launch the main 1Password program, and choose Help > Restart 1Password Helper.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, please try removing the extension (from within the browser) and re-installing it (from the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences).

If that doesn’t solve the problem, please check to see whether you’re running any antivirus, antimalware, or firewall programs. (They’re notorious for blocking the WebSocket technology by which the 1Password extensions communicate with the main 1Password program.) If that solves the problem, you can re-enable the av/am/fw programs, one at a time, until the problem reappears; then let us know which one was the culprit.

You might find some useful information in the “Configuring problematic antivirus/malware software” article in the "FAQ" section of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site.
    http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/antivirus-configuration.html

If that doesn't solve the problem, please try disabling other browser extensions. If that solves the problem, you can re-enable them, one at a time, until the problem reappears; then let us know which one was the culprit.

Please let us know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.