Update error and rebuild

Options
padrai6
padrai6
Community Member

I received a strange dialog box that asked me to uninstall 1password4 and then reinstall via Apple Store. Coincidentally there was already an update available for 1P4. I deleted the app and then tried to download. After three attempts to download and open, the app did not appear. It said it was installed but a search in Spotlight and a look in the Applications folder indicated no file. I restarted and then reinstalled and it worked.

However, upon opening 1Password after searching for it in Spotlight (it did not automatically install into the Apps folder), I found it and double clicked to open it. It tried to open and then gave me an error message requesting I retry opening it and if it still did not work, to contact you. I am contacting you with this discussion thread.

I am running a 2012 MacBook Pro in OS X 10.8.5.

THanks,
Patrick

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Patrick @padrai6,

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to get 1Password 4 running again. We'd like to work with you directly in email to get this sorted out. To do that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• padrai6
    padrai6
    Community Member
    Options

I actually was able to download the update eventually and it now works.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

That's great you were able to get the update downloaded and working! Thanks for letting us know. The App Store can sometimes be unpredictably stubborn. :)

This discussion has been closed.