Items not updating with Dropbox syncing

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sync problem.

Comments

• wrke
    wrke
    Community Member
    Options

I have a different problem. Even though Dropbox says all is synched, it's not. Main computer is iMac where I've updated a lot of passwords. They don't transfer to my MacbookAir, even though there are green checkmarks in Dropbox on both computers. I've just upgraded to 4.3 on both. I've noticed in the release notes that I can transfer data files with USB. Would that successfully sync or transfer my passwords? How do I do that? I'll be traveling this weekend and absolutely need to have my passwords updated on my MacbookAir. Ultimately, though, I need to be able to successfully sync with Dropbox or iCloud or something. How would I go about doing that? Thank you.

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

In my opinion the easiest way is to make a backup from your imac and move it to your macbook. In preferences make a backup then click on show files. Copy the backup on your macbook in the same backup folder of 1password and click restore.

• RTHowell
    RTHowell
    Community Member
    Options

@wrke‌, I'm having the same issue. Although, I only have a MBP and two iOS devices. Everything says it is synced, but the iOS devices are missing the last 5 items I added via my MBP. I've tried using different services to sync (iCloud and Dropbox). I've even removed the data from my iOS devices and re-synced to no avail. I wonder if the vault is corrupted in some way... I emailed support. But, they are quite busy with heartbleed and the new iOS update.

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    Options

I'm a bit disappointed about the sync engine. Too much trouble, I hope in a very fast fix. I mean, 1Password is not so cheap. And the forum is full of people who have problems. It's like they are selling us a beta version.

• wrke
    wrke
    Community Member
    Options

loscamos, that was a great help. I really appreciate the hint. I was able to transfer the files to the Air . . . but now I have conflicts on some of the password files. Is there a way to delete the conflicts? Even though I've used 1Password for several years, I'm clearly not skilled. Many thanks.

• RTHowell
    RTHowell
    Community Member
    Options

I actually think the price is quite reasonable for the product. As a partner at a development firm, I can tell you this is a highly complicated product that takes a lot of talent and creativity to buildand maintain--and those traits are difficult to find and expensive to employ. Agilebits has done a great job building and supporting the product that so many people rely upon. So, I'm willing to cut them a little slack here.

That said, the sync issue is definitely annoying. I'm sure they will work it out.

• loscamos
    loscamos
    Community Member
    edited April 2014
    Options

@wrke‌ Just edit the items where you have conflicts. You can create a smart folder that show conflicts and fix it by hand. Check this http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16726/what-does-conflicts-mean

Conflicts are another problem. That's why I use backup and restore to move password. I have my main library that is prefect and I do not want to mess up everything with dropbox or icloud. I only use dropbox for my smartphone. But I always keep a backup of my library.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for helping out @wrke here with the backup/restore suggestion for manually copying his 1Password data, @loscamos. Are you still having syncing issues we can help you with, @wrke?

I've found your email, @RTHowell. Could you also send us a Diagnostics Report that'll help with resolving your problem? Thanks. .

Here's a current discussion about conflicts and what do with them:

What are "Conflicts" within a record?

This discussion has been closed.