Sync Problems

Options
cymemptor
cymemptor
Community Member

I've read the other threads about sync problems with dropbox and with iCloud. I followed Megan's instructions to no avail. I am on 4.5 for iPhone.

It started when I had to changed the password to my gmail account. After I did that on my Mac, I tried to make the changes to my iPhone but I noticed that my new password did not sync to the iPhone. I was using iCloud sync. It always stayed stuck at "Looking for iCoud information". After several attempts at syncing, I started to look for solutions in this discussion forum.

First I tried to reset everything according to Megan's instructions for iCloud sync. But always the same result, "Looking for...". Now I had no password info in my iPhone. Next I changed my sync to Dropbox on my Mac and then tried to sync via Dropbox on my iPhone. After several attempts, I got past the the multiple setup steps and it looked like it was going to sync. After many minutes of "in progress" the Dropbox sync failed in several ways. "Failed to upload file to Dropbox" or Failed to remove path file (or something like that" no matter how many times I retried.

I finally got my password data by doing a WiFi sync, thank goodness that still worked.

So in summary, no problems in syncing between my Macs but nothing on my iPhone. HELP!

Comments

• arminmayrhofer
    arminmayrhofer
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue on both my iphone and ipad. I use auto-update on apps and I had deleted and re-downloaded the app to be sure, so I'm on today's latest version. I had not moved my dropbox information and I'm not really stuck on anything that I need to do on ios, which is a pretty major part of my live.
    I use the windows 4 beta version to sync out, but it had worked fine before.

• cymemptor
    cymemptor
    Community Member
    Options

Latest error: "Failed to list root keychain folder in Dropbox. Please try again later." Then I tried again and then it sync'd no problems. But I really want to use iCloud to sync. So I set the sync to iCloud on both my Macs and they sync'd ok. Then I changed the sync on my iPhone to iCould. This caused a problem on both my Macs and it dropped out of syncing with iCloud. Then I went back and set the sync to iCloud on both Macs and now all including my iPhone seem to be syncing with iCloud. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cymemptor‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had to go through such a process to get sync set up! I wish we could have gotten to you in time to be of some help, but I'm very glad to hear that things seem to be working now. If you notice anything odd again, please do not hesitate to let us know - we'd be happy to help! :)

Hi @arminmayrhofer‌

Let's see what we can do to get you sorted out here. I've got a few basic things that we want to check regarding Dropbox first, before we get into the serious troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that Dropbox is installed and running on your computer
    • Check that you are logged in with the same account on all computers and devices
    • Confirm that Dropbox sync is selected in 1Password > Preferences on yourPC
    • Confirm that Dropbox is selected in Settings > Sync on your iOS device (Please follow the directions here to ensure that sync is properly set up)

If all of those items check out, let's run a test and see where things are getting tripped up:

• Create a test entry on your PC ("Test, PC") and add some data
    • Create a test entry on your iOS device ("Test, iOS") and add some data
    • Does 'test for PC' show up on your iOS device?
    • Does 'test for iOS' show up on your PC?

Please let me know the results of this little experiment - once we have a better idea of where things are going sideways, we should be able to get this straightened out simply for you :)

This discussion has been closed.