1P iOS 4.5: May I have the Login Keyhole back? I really don't need Share...

Options
Quietwalker
Quietwalker
Community Member

Hello, Gurus
4.5 so far works fine (and I'm sure the under the hood improvements are superb), but I miss a simple feature from 4.4 and before. When using 1Browser with 4.4 there is a keyhole icon just to the left of the Share icon. It brings down a wonderful alphabetical list of logins and, when the desired site's icon in the list is tapped with a single tap, it opens the site, enters name & passcode, and .... logs in -- all with one simple tap. I cannot duplicate this with 4.5 (even with Favorites) and I was very happy with 4.4's ease -- am I missing something? Can I give up Share and please have it back?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Quietwalker‌

We did simplify the browser quite a bit for version 4.5. That 'Share' button was an often-requested feature, so I'm not sure we'll be getting rid of it just yet, but I can certainly see how you'd miss a full list of your Logins here. I've passed this request along to our developers.

I'm glad to hear that you're liking the update for the most part - thanks for the feedback! :)

• Quietwalker
    Quietwalker
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Megan,
    Perhaps a partial solution for the missing list of Logins in the browser (which I always thought of as equivalent to Bookmarked pages in Safari) -- in Favorites, tapping once on the webpage icon could open the webpage, enter appropriate information, and then go ahead and open automatically, like we used to have in the browser, itself.
    Continuing thanks (especially for the ability to re-order Favorites!)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Quietwalker‌

I'm not quite sure if I understand what you're suggesting here: currently, tapping on a URL in any Login (whether it is in Favourites or not) will open the page in 1Browser and fill your information for you. Are you not seeing this?

• Quietwalker
    Quietwalker
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,....Yes, but...when I open Favorites it is simply a list with icons and name. I click on one, and it opens another screen where the url then appears. I then have to click on the url for 1P to open the site and and fill in the info. I was hoping you could make a single (or double) click on the icon in Favorites to open in 1browser and fill. The simplest replication I could imagine to attain the convenience of 4.4's full list of icons. (I'm nit-picking a little, I agree.)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Quietwalker‌

Thanks for clarifying! You're right, there are still a few ways we could reduce the number of taps here. :)

This discussion has been closed.