Can't log in on new library catalog

Hi, my local library just changed their catalog system and I can no longer use 1Password to log into my account. Their website is kcls.org

Is there a possibility that I will be able to get 1Password to work in the future with this website and new catalog? I use it a lot and it's so annoying to have to type the Password in. Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hi essiecab,

I'm sorry that you're having this problem.

Unfortunately, there are some things that website programmers can do to make it impossible for 1Password to do its job. We are constantly striving for 100% success, but of the over 1 trillion sites on the Internet, there will undoubtedly be some that (often unknowingly) work against 1Password.

The particular site you reference is using some JavaScript to modify the page and prevent password managers from not only filling in the correct information but also submitting the form on your behalf.

1Password works flawlessly with standards-based HTML forms. Please contact the website owners directly and ask them if they realize that they are using nonstandard JavaScript on their login form which makes life difficult for not only users of 1Password like your yourself but also may create accessibility issues for disabled users employing assistive technology. Many times, companies are not even aware of the problem and are happy to fix it.

I encourage you to contact them and voice your opinion.

Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Another thing you might also try is editing the login in 1Password and changing Submit from "If Autosubmit is ON" to "Never." This will allow you to manually add and delete a character from the end of your password before submitting it.

The site is using a JavaScript function that may be looking for a *literal* key press. If you change just one letter and change it back, a manual login should very well work. I do not have an account on the site to verify this, but it works on many other sites employing a similar technique.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
This discussion has been closed.