Removing mini icon in menubar

Options
Josh Enderle
Josh Enderle
Community Member

I just recently uninstalled this program and I now have a permanent mini icon in the menubar. How do I remove it without reinstalling?

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi Josh,

Please try running these Terminal commands:

launchctl stop 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper launchctl remove 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper defaults write com.agilebits.onepassword4 KeepHelperRunning 0 defaults write com.agilebits.onepassword4 ShowStatusItem 0

Let me know if that works! :)

• Josh Enderle
    Josh Enderle
    Community Member
    Options

No such process for the launchctls

• Josh Enderle
    Josh Enderle
    Community Member
    Options

I just reinstalled and checked and unchecked the mini icon in preferences and its just adding a second icon. The old one is still there.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi Josh,

Could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Josh Enderle
    Josh Enderle
    Community Member
    Options

I just sent it

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Josh,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I have been unable to find the Report based on the email address attached to your Forum account. If you used a different email to send in the Report, please send me a private message with the address you used so I can track down your message and ensure that it is handled quickly. :)

• tomik
    tomik
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem, but I need to remove the mini 1password 3 icon from the menu bar. What are the commands for that version? (I don't know the exact version, however I downloaded it from the Mac App Store two days ago, but that version has been replaced since then.)

• Meek
    Options

Hi @tomik,

I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this problem! Lets figure out whats going on.

Would you also mind sending us a diagnostics report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.