On vaults and things

Options
iwonder3
iwonder3
Community Member

Hi everyone,

2 questions your way:

Is it possible to rename a secondary vault? I called mine "Other", but now I think I can be more specific about it's name.

How did you envision people use different vaults? Is designed purpose a simple (clearer) separation of concerns, or is there more to it?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iwonder3‌,

Is it possible to rename a secondary vault? I called mine "Other", but now I think I can be more specific about it's name.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to change a vault's details right now. Our developers are looking into ways to make this easier in the future, but for now, if you'd like to try it, here's the 'hard way' to edit a vault's details after creation.

How did you envision people use different vaults? Is designed purpose a simple (clearer) separation of concerns, or is there more to it?

Vaults were envisioned to allow you to share some of your data securely with family or co-workers, while keeping your personal data private. So you can share family details with your partner, and work details with your team, for example, without having to also share your personal social media Logins. I also have created an archive vault to store my old Logins (ones that are expired but I'm not quite ready to fully delete yet.) so that they don't clutter up my primary vault.

I'm curious to know how you see yourself using multiple vaults. There are probably many opportunities that I haven't imagined yet. :)

This discussion has been closed.