Deleting old 1Password files and folders in App Support

Options
raysma
raysma
Community Member

A smartuninstaller app for my MacBook is telling me that I have some superfluous 1Password folders and files, including one that is 2.8GB. It resides in my App Support folder and is named 1Password. There is another folder in there named 1Password 4, since I have upgraded to the latest version. The content of the two folders differs, so I am wondering if I really can delete the original and save myself some space or if it contains stuff that is need also by 1Password4. Thanks.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Are the dates of the 1Password folders and files quite old? I have that on my Mac (which also has the 1P4 folder you mention) and suspect the 1Password folders date back to the time I was using 1P3.

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The AgileBits folks are very emphatic in their recommendation not to use uninstaller applications to remove 1Password. Be sure you get confirmation on those files before you do anything to them, and only then delete them manually.

• raysma
    raysma
    Community Member
    Options

Seems some of those files havebeen accessed recently, so will certainly not do anything rash like deleting!

• Meek
    Options

Hi @raysma,

Thanks for checking with us! As @hawkmoth mentioned, we generally recommend not using such applications to remove parts of 1Password as they often have the unfortunate side-effect of removing your actual 1Password data.

Now, as @Stephen_C mentioned, one of those folders may be left over from 1Password 3. To be certain though, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.