Newby help with auto fill

Options
harveyt
harveyt
Community Member

On this web site https://profile.brighthouse.com/residential/login/?target=https://myservices.brighthouse.com/home when I launch from the Chrome browsers extension of 1Password, it autofills and launches no problem. However, when I select open and fill from the 1Password4 application, the web site will not fill in the username or password. Why will it work from the extension and not the application? Any help would be appreciated. I am running the latest Chrome. And using 1Password 4.2.2. I have tried everything in the help guide for autofill not working. Everything seems to be in order there.

Comments

• harveyt
    harveyt
    Community Member
    Options

I am curious why nobody from agilebits has responded to this. Is it too long of a post? Or, is it not a clear post? What have I done wrong with this post?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @harveyt‌

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we experienced a surge in support requests recently. We're doing the best we can to get back to our usual speedy replies as soon as possible.

We've released a pretty great update to 1Password 4 today. Please update to version 4.3 and let me know if this issue is still present. If you are still seeing this in the latest and greatest version of 1Password, we'll investigate further. :)

• harveyt
    harveyt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,
    The update (version 4.3) has not solved the issue. That web site will not fill or submit from the application.
    Thanks,
    harveyt

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @harveyt‌

Please try re-saving a new Login like so:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

I was able to create a Login that fills and submits using these steps, I hope they work for you too!

• harveyt
    harveyt
    Community Member
    Options

hi@Megan,
    I followed your procedure. And the login and submit works when initiated from the 1 Password extension. But, it does not fill when initiated from the application when I double click.

• Meek
    Options

Hi @harveyt,

Thanks for the update. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :grinning:

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.